Communications Director, Progress Missouri
Progress Missouri and its sister organization, Progress Missouri Education, seek a Communications Director to coordinate proactive public communications, digital media and campaign communications projects. The person we’re looking for will have excellent oral and written communications skills, experience speaking on the record, comfort with social media platforms and an ability to handle multiple fast-paced projects simultaneously.
Progress Missouri is a multi-issue progressive advocacy organization that combines cutting edge online organizing and communications with rapid and hard-hitting earned media strategies. Our mission is to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems, driving mission-critical communications for the progressive movement.
Our Communications Director will stay busy:
● Developing and executing cutting-edge communications strategies, including social media, writing press releases, pitching stories, maintaining media databases and cultivating media contacts.
● Driving rapid response on priority issues
● Developing content for Progress Missouri’s online media channels
● Creating and responding to earned media opportunities
● Building and maintaining relationships with allies and leaders
● Travel throughout the state, as needed
● Other duties as assigned
The person we’re looking for has:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Strong instincts for identifying and capitalizing on emerging stories
● Passions for social justice, worker’s rights, healthier communities and an economy that works for all
● Ability to create compelling messages around both issues and candidates
● Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects, sudden deadlines, and curveballs
● Experience navigating and driving content on the interwebs
Based in: Missouri
Start date: As soon as possible
Travel: Some in-state travel will be required; national travel may be necessary
Salary: $60,000+, depending on experience
Benefits: Medical & dental insurance; paid time off policy that includes holidays, annual leave, family leave, and sick leave.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and name/contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mails should reference “Communications Director” in the subject line.
This position is open until filled. Priority will go to applications received by October 17th.
About Progress Missouri
Progress Missouri is a multi-issue advocacy organization driving a transformational narrative strategy to win major progressive victories. We combine cutting edge online organizing and communications with rapid and hard-hitting earned media strategies. Our mission is to provide a strong, credible voice in advancing progressive solutions to critical community problems. But we don’t do that on our own – we work as a communications team for the progressive community.
Progress Missouri believes that a diverse, inclusive staff is a fundamental strength. We’re committed to hiring people of all races, ethnicities, religions, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, and gender identities. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2021-09-27