Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The Global Business Alliance is seeking a dynamic communications professional to oversee the organization’s earned, owned and shared media initiatives. Reporting to the senior vice president of external affairs, the communications director will be responsible for managing a variety of projects, including executing GBA’s earned media strategy, sustaining a robust rapid response capability, preserving strong relationships with Capitol Hill communicators and organizing successful media events to advance GBA’s advocacy goals.
The Global Business Alliance is the premier voice of international companies in the United States. Our members are international companies with major operations in the United States and an indispensable part of our nation’s economic success. Our mission is to actively promote and defend an open economy that welcomes international companies to invest in America.
- Executing the organization’s earned, owned, and shared media initiatives
- Cultivating and maintaining extensive relationships with national and international media
- Sustaining and augmenting robust rapid response capabilities
- Preserving strong relationships with Capitol Hill communicators
- Envisioning and executing successful media events to advance GBA’s advocacy goals
- Managing public information activities for the organization (e.g., websites, app, social media, etc.)
- Implementing a proactive communication program to enhance the reputation of the association and visibility
- Supporting message development and execution for internal audiences (member companies) and external audiences (media)
- Supervising the activities of our Media and Communications Associate and the rapid response work of our External Affairs Senior Associate
- At least a BA/BS degree, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, political science or related fields
- Demonstrable communications experience with a business association, political campaign, congressional or executive branch office, corporate or public affairs agency. A minimum of five years of related work experience is required.
- Experience with pitching news stories to print and broadcast journalists; on-record experience a plus
- Strong writing and editorial proficiency, as well as solid verbal communication skills
- Command of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite programs, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects
- Proactive organizational skills, with excellent follow-through and positive attitude in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Interest in international trade, tax and commerce a plus
GBA is an Equal Opportunity employer and offers a range of competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; generous retirement savings and 401(k) matching programs; a subsidized transit benefits program; paid time off; paid parental leave; and family flex leave. GBA currently operates with a hybrid telecommuting and in-person work model.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please state: “Communications Director.”
Job posted: 2022-01-08