The Fund for Women’s Equality (501c3) and its sister organization ERA Coalition (501c4) was founded in 2014 to bring concerted, organized action to the effort to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment. The 28th Amendment to the Constitution would ensure that women/girls are protected under the law. While the effort to amend the constitution to include sex equality began nearly a century ago, our renewed efforts are centered on leadership in the Black, Indigenous and Women of Color communities, including transgender women/girls, gender-nonconforming individuals, and those who are most impacted by systemic inequities. Since its inception, the Fund for Women’s Equality (FFWE) serves as a convener of national and local organizations focused on the advancement of the 28th Amendment to ensure the coordination of information sharing and collective action
The Fund for Women’s Equality/ ERA Coalition (FFWE/ERA) is seeking to hire a Communications Director to work across different projects within the organization to coordinate an organization-wide communications strategy. The Communication Director is a key position within FFWE/ERA, providing critical administrative, project, and policy support to the entire organization. This position will be responsible for working collaboratively with all staff to implement a dynamic communications plan to support the FFWE/ERA strategic plan, vision and mission to provide education and advocacy in order to pass the 28th Amendment and implement equality, centering our efforts on Black, Indigenous, women & girls, gender nonconforming and nonbinary people of color. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills, knowledge of print media, podcast production, social media, e-mail communication platforms, and web-based media, and the ability to think strategically about how to use media and outreach to support the organization to increase visibility, tell our stories and bring awareness to the public regarding the ERA. The successful candidate will be an individual with vision, passion, commitment, knowledge, skills and a proven track record in achieving measurable advancements.
Required qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
· Undergraduate or advanced degree (preferred) in public relations, public affairs, journalism, communications; or related field
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the communications field
· Experience with web design and maintenance, marketing and communications planning, printing and publication, podcast production and social marketing
· Extensive with e-mail communications platforms (e.g., Salsa, Constant Contact), social media, text/digital messaging, and Slack
· Experience with cross-project collaboration
· Working knowledge of digital analytics across channels and platforms and be able to support FFWE/ERA by making meaning of the analytics to strengthen their engagement with key audiences
· Proficiency in Photoshop XD, or other prototyping tools
· Experience in WordPress programming
· Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technology
· Experience successfully creating new projects
· Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including proven success and experience with different writing styles
· Strong organizational skills combined with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a timely manner
· Experience working for a social justice organization.
· Knowledge of the issues and trends in American gender and racial justice, American politics, and a strong interest to playing an active role to strengthen for Equal Rights of everyone.
Our offices are in Washington DC and NY and we are teleworking. Teleworking may be possible even after the health emergency is over. We also offer Health Benefits
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Job posted: 2020-12-14