Serves as the Department Head over the Communication Department for Tennessee
REALTORS® overseeing all communications and branding for the organization. Reports
to the Chief Executive Officer. (Exempt Employee)
General duties included, but are not limited to:
• Works to establish Tennessee REALTORS as the voice of real estate in the state of Tennessee
• Provides strategy for the association’s communications, branding and public relations efforts in
conjunction with the CEO.
• Responsible for messaging, branding, online content, website content, social media, event
marketing, and graphic design; promote the positive image of the Association; write and
disseminate press releases, articles on REALTOR® issues, member benefits, and other materials
for dissemination to members and/or to the public.
• Work collaboratively with other departments to promote services and programs offered by the
Association to members, consumers, and other audiences
• Collect news items for, compose, and publish the weekly newsletters to all Association members
• Read and review all Association Legal & Ethics Hot Line questions that have been answered,
selecting a sample of those each week (editing as needed) for inclusion in the weekly newsletter
• Produce the monthly AE & Staff Update for distribution to Tennessee staff members at the state
and local Associations
• Oversees all publications of the association.
• Write or edit and disseminate news releases on Association and member activities, educational
programs, legislative positions, industry awards, special events, and Tennessee home sales
• Writes email and social media campaigns to communicate/promote events, programs and
REALTOR® issues to members.
• Respond to media inquiries of the Association per guidelines established. Work with assigned
spokesperson as needed. Maintain a good personal working relationship with
Tennessee/national news media outlets.
• Develop new communication programs and public relations initiatives for the Association
• Write speeches, articles and message points for Tennessee REALTORS® CEO and officers.
• Responsible for photographs, website banners, promotional materials, and other creative items
needed in communications in general.
• Continually enhances all communication vehicles to incorporate communication best practices
and improve readership and engagement.
• Monitors real estate related news sites for Tennessee related information.
• Drive the creative process. Reviews, plans and implements an annual advertising and public
• Assist in editing and proofing of all written materials produced for or by the Association, including
email blasts, website content, social media. Keep material up-to-date and current.
• Seek maximum exposure for Association programs, speakers, policy positions, etc. Ensure that
the use of TnRealtors.com is used as a communication vehicle for promotion and communication.
• Collaborate with Technology Director in projects such as the production of videos, graphics,
themes, and providing written scripts and preparing participants as needed.
• Serve as staff liaison and assist in the implementation of programs and goals for assigned
Committees, Task Force and/or PAGs as directed by the CEO. Responsible for preparing
agendas and minutes. Notify Committee members of meetings; Set up Committee rosters and
track meeting attendance; Prepare meeting rooms. Follow up recommendations to the
Committee that require Board of Directors’ action. Fosters a good working relationship with the
• Attend meetings and programs as directed, and when in attendance, perform such duties as
• Shall devote the time and effort necessary to carry out the objectives and directives of the
• This position manages department personnel.
• Participate in the execution of the strategic plan of the association and assist in the
implementation of the plan.
• Oversight and completion of NAR core standards related to department.
• Responsible for operating within the approved annual budget and within the guidelines of the
Tennessee REALTORS policies.
• Has access to and works regularly with information of a highly sensitive, highly confidential and
• Advise the CEO on all related matters and carry forth the directives
• Performs other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
• Creative and open to new ideas
• Always continuing to learn new technology and new programs
• Strong computer literacy with emphasis on Microsoft applications, Adobe, Content Management
• Strong social media strategy skills.
• Understanding of the process of a volunteer organization is important
• Must be an effective organizer and able to motivate members to engage.
• Must possess the ability to work with and adapt to all types of people and exhibit patience,
perseverance and persuasiveness.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and have ability to build consensus.
• Must be flexible with respect to work schedule.
• Must be self-motivated and ability to take initiative.
• Must be an effective communicator.
• Strict adherence to deadlines
• Professional, mature demeanor acting as a representative of Tennessee REALTORS.
• Fosters and contributes to a positive team environment. Proven ability to work collaboratively
• College degree in related field
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
• REALTOR® Association experience a plus.
Additional Salary Information: Must send cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Only complete applications will be considered).
Job posted: 2021-07-23