Do you want to flex new mental muscles while gaining meaningful experience across the corporate Public Affairs, Communications and Sustainability (PACS) function at The Coca-Cola Company?
Join the PACS Business Integration team and be a part of the exciting way we mobilize ideas, address challenges and deliver next-level results. Our team offers you the opportunity to work across global communications, sustainability, stakeholder relations and public policy projects big and small on a global scale.
Our approach begins with hiring great people. Business Integration team members join the team with diverse backgrounds (Agency / PR, Strategic Communications, Government Relations / Policy, NGO, Think Tank, etc.) and a learning mindset. We seek “T-shaped” people who can deliver work and build expertise across multiple communications and sustainability disciplines, complementing an existing area of expertise. This is not a role for specialists who want to remain specialists.
We lean into new ways of working and have fully embraced the networked model to maximize our impact. You will join a dynamic, fast-paced, high-performing team using Agile principles to move through work efficiently by breaking down complexity and maintaining an iterative mindset.
As an ideal candidate, you are nimble and creative; work well in teams; have a customer service orientation; are eager to contribute; can wear multiple hats and shifting priorities; embrace process and change; have a willingness to challenge the status quo; and can work through ambiguity.
We’re a fun, high-energy team committed to development and passionate about what we do and how we do it. We self-organize, collaborate, celebrate balance and share the workload.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Enable the PACS function to reach key objectives by implementing the networked model, prioritizing initiatives, allocating resources and leading or supporting networked teams as needed.
- Ability to coach or “captain” networked teams and to influence across the PACS organization.
- Strong communication skills (written, interpersonal and other) and ability to effectively tailor approach to reach varied audiences.
- Establish and effectively manage the resources, capability and measurements required (i.e. people, processes, systems, environment) to consistently deliver high-caliber results using the Agile methodology when appropriate. Note: Candidates are not required to have Agile training or expertise prior to hiring.
- Adopt and drive culture change and new ways-of-working, willingness to challenge the status quo, create change within the organization, and work through ambiguity.
- Ability to apply continuous improvement techniques and build networked ways-of-working.
- Capability to lead teams of peers and superiors as easily as being a productive, energized team member being led by peers or superiors.
- Ability to identify and address capability needs within the Business Integration team.
- Dexterous thinker and doer who can pivot their skills and attention to various projects and multiple focus areas while delivering high quality results.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Experience leading high-performance project teams.
- Ability to develop relationships, improve alignment and “network” within teams.
- Experience with process improvement or using the Agile methodology a plus. Must be willing to learn or develop this approach.
- At least 6-10 years in public relations, communications and/or related field, including advertising, government relations or public policy, non-profit communications, media production and publishing; agency or journalism experience strongly preferred.
- Must be team-oriented but willing and able to make tough decisions independently when required.
- Understanding of the public policy landscape and public policy strategy.
- Consistently demonstrates track record of success delivering results and exceeding expectations.
What We Can Do for You
- Purpose Driven: Become part of a global community of purpose driven colleagues empowered to protect the environment and the communities we serve while delivering safe, high quality products.
- Global Network: Create connections, share your talents and learn from others.
- Community of Belonging: Join an organization that believes our ability to continually grow and build an atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered, enabling you to bring your best self to work.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-23