Communications Director, IMG Academy
Job Title: Communications Director, IMG Academy
Reporting to: Vice President, Communications
Department: Endeavor Communications
Position Summary: Plan, coordinate and execute corporate communications relations activities for IMG Academy, the world-renowned sport training and education institution. Special focus on brand messaging and positioning and internal and community communications.
- Helps manage brand positioning and messaging in association with the VP, Communications and the marketing department
- Manages internal communications, liaising with senior leadership and HR to maintain an effective strategy for key constituents including employees, students and families, campers, professional trainees, and alumni
- Prepares and regularly distributes internal newsletters and other content highlighting media coverage or key initiatives
- Crafts key messages, statements, media alerts, news releases, and website copy as needed
- Works with senior leadership to grow and maintain role in the community
- Liaises with IMG’s sponsors to create and share content, contacts and ideas
- Assists the marketing department in creating an impact through storytelling across all of IMG’s digital and social platforms
- Creates and maintains relationships with news directors, editors, writers, reporters, photojournalists, video crews, bloggers, and other members of the working media
- As a member of the centralized Endeavor communications team, collaborates on opportunities to both support the parent brand and leverage it to elevate the profile of IMG Academy
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethic codes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, or communications
- 5+ years of experience working in corporate communications or public relations in similar position
- Knowledge, experience and passion for sports; working experience in sports preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with digital/social content at a professional level
- Comfort with using Cision, Meltwater or similar media database for creating media lists, tracking and analyzing media
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Job posted: 2021-09-12