Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications & Events Manager
Since 2008, DC Volunteer Lawyers Project (DCVLP) has provided free legal services to thousands of survivors of domestic violence, vulnerable children, and immigrant survivors of gender-based violence. To broaden our reach, we recruit, train, and support hundreds of dedicated volunteer attorneys each year. We are committed to providing trauma-informed legal services that address the comprehensive needs of our clients. More information at www.dcvlp.org.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnership & Volunteer Engagement, the Communications & Events Manager will serve as a key member of the Development team. This is a dynamic, full-time position with wide-ranging responsibilities. This is a unique opportunity to work with a dedicated team, gain vital experience at a non-profit, and help increase access to justice for underserved, low-income individuals in our community. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in mission-driven communications, marketing, and development.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB:
- You believe that a life free from violence and abuse is a basic human right.
- You are looking for a job that matters.
- You are a creative, detail-oriented, highly-organized, and a self-starter.
- You can manage multiple, ongoing projects that involve coordinating work between various teams.
- You are able to work virtually, but you understand that onsite attendance in our D.C. and at event locations will be required as needed.
WHAT THIS JOB WILL ENTAIL:
- Manage the organization’s digital and print communications, including but not limited to social media, website, monthly e-newsletter, fundraising appeals, volunteer trainings, and general constituent outreach.
- Plan and manage all aspects of DCVLP’s volunteer engagement events and volunteer trainings.
- Assist with the planning and execution of DCVLP’s fundraising events.
- Create and deploy a comprehensive communications plan for the organization.
- Create brand guidelines and serve as point person for branding of organization and related graphic design work.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Other relevant duties as assigned. This description is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position as it is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on DCVLP’s needs.
- 2-5 years of relevant marketing/PR and graphic design experience.
- Superior project management experience with demonstrated ability to competently manage multiple, varied tasks, deadlines, and priorities.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Canva, WordPress, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Content Management Systems, Email Marketing Tools. Experience in Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000. Employees receive 90% employer-paid health and dental insurance and vision insurance is also available. DCVLP sponsors a 403(b) retirement plan with a 4% employer contribution. DCVLP also provides a tax-free stipend of $75 each month for personal cell phone and Wi-Fi expenses. Employees receive generous paid time off every year, including three weeks of vacation, three weeks of wellness leave, and 13 holidays. We offer a generous family leave policy for parents following the birth or adoption of a child or placement of a foster child. DCVLP has a positive work environment, with a focus on collaboration, empowerment, and service toward our clients and volunteers.
Physical Requirements of the Job
In addition to the functional skills in this job posting, the following physical abilities are representative of physical demands and environment essential to this position:
- Regular, predictable attendance onsite is required.
- Ability to travel to court venues and community locations as necessary.
- The work environment has moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phone, printers, and light traffic).
DCVLP has a non-discrimination policy and encourages all interested and qualified applicants to apply regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or other status protected by applicable law. Interested applicants should send a letter of intent and a resume to Sara Tennen at email@example.com.
Job posted: 2023-09-08