Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications & Executive Assistant
Support the CEO and Vice President of Communications at an oil and natural gas-focused trade. Serve in an executive assistant capacity to the CEO, managing her calendar and overseeing member services internal office needs. Support the VP of Communications in communications with the media, policymakers, AXPC members, staff, and other stakeholders. Produce and distribute social media content, and other communiqués; help maintain policy updates and blogs on the AXPC website. Manage communications and organizational distribution lists, databases, provide administrative support.
This is an in-person role with flexibility to WFH 1-2 days per week.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for AXPC’s three annual Board of Directors meetings
- Supports media relations efforts through list building, media monitoring, media coverage tracking, and other media projects
- As directed by the VP, Communications, draft or proof, post, and maintain content on the AXPC website, including blog posts, Congressional letters, agency comment letters, and more
- Drafts written communications materials, including blogs, press releases, and member communications
- Manages social media calendar (i.e., Hootsuite), drafts social media content and creative for digital platforms, including regular posting, rapid response, and planned content in support of messaging themes
- Supports digital ad placement, tracking and metrics, develops quarterly social media reports of platforms and/or placed ads, as needed
- Develops creative materials through relevant platform/design software for infographics, images, fact sheets, and other creative content
- Collaborates on grassroots content and tracking across digital platforms and software, with direction from VP of government affairs on Congressional targets and asks
- Supports CEO and VP by developing creative presentations and PowerPoints for public speaking and/or presentations
- Manages project timelines and deliverables with VP of Communications and/or external consultants for the successful execution of issue campaigns and projects
- Supports administrative work, including expense reports, monthly Amex reconciliation, ordering supplies, booking travel, etc.
- Provide administrative support to CEO
- Manages the weekly #MemberMonday social media series
- Assists with the creation, fulfillment, and distribution of end of year gifts for members and friends of AXPC
- Maintains AXPC’s organizational calendar
- Supports CEO in tracking new member recruitment and the new member onboarding process
- Maintains member database and email lists
- Assists with meeting and events logistics planning (i.e., deploys invites, tracks RSVPs, creating tent cards and signage, ad hoc tasks as-needed)
- Annual invoicing process for member dues
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Experience preferred with WordPress, Google Analytics, podcast distribution platforms, and broadcast email platforms.
- Experience in creative platforms for digital creative/images/graphics and other communications materials like brochures, fact sheets, etc. (i.e., Canva, Photoshop, etc.)
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment. Must be organized, have strong attention to detail, and be able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to prioritize, make good business decisions, and be flexible.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2022-07-26