Communications & External Affairs Analyst/Coordinator
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; and Reynolds Brands, Inc.. This position is with RAI Services Company (2200).
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
As part of the Law and External Affairs team (LEX), the Communications and External Affairs Analyst role provides a great opportunity to work with a high functioning team comprising communications, government relations and strategic engagement. The role will provide key project management coordination and support for communications and external affairs executives and teams executing cross-functional public relations, policy and advocacy initiatives.
To effectively execute the job responsibilities, the candidate should be knowledgeable in communications and/or public affairs activities and proficient in digital technology, including Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint, and social media.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Communications, the position requires strong organizational skills, a heightened sensitivity to deadlines and a high degree of professionalism. The position requires a commitment to professional development and will be provided an opportunity to grow and advance in the company.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support communications, government relations and digital initiatives by coordinating advocacy team collaboration, digital advocacy, analytics reporting and activities tracking.
- Perform writing and content development projects for different platforms and channels; Direct and coordinate projects with the creative services team and outside vendors.
- Manage communications dashboards, legislative trackers and other executive reports as assigned; Oversee online document platforms and team collaboration sites.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and compile key reports; Organize, prioritize, and execute tasks and projects as requested by the External Affairs Executives and other team leaders.
- Provide coordination of Communications and External Affairs Leadership activities as needed for internal and external stakeholders, including collaboration with international colleagues.
- Be a collaborative, professional partner with the ability to work as a team player and mutually support and work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Manage special projects and assignments as requested with effective time management skills.
- Attend and participate in meetings and events as required and on behalf of executive and senior leaders when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required; 2 to 4 years of experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: communications/PR, political campaigns, legislative affairs, grassroots advocacy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams); ability to troubleshoot basic software issues and learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships and be calm and flexible under pressure and amidst changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and ability to manage multi-task assignments.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when workloads and deadlines require.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company’s potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-08