Communications and Foundation Coordinator
Will be responsible for working with program leads and fundraising team to assist with a variety of
projects, from writing and developing content for various channels including website to managing
donation and acknowledgement processes. Will provide administrative support to both teams as we
promote the industry and the Foundation’s programs to our members and the general public.
• Provide general administrative support for the Foundation and Marketing/ Communications
teams to include, but not limited to: scheduling, response to general inquiries, survey/poll
creation, file maintenance.
• Tracking and processing expense invoices for Foundation & Marketing/ Communications
• Maintain rosters of Foundation Board, Committees and Communications Council, including
ensuring information in database is accurate.
• Coordinate with both teams on all published materials, including monitoring printing needs,
ordering and printing materials.
• Managing vendors, contracts and payment schedules.
Marketing & Communications:
• Help update and maintain AHLA Foundation’s Website, Facebook page, Twitter, LinkedIn
and other social media accounts to include drafting and posting content.
• Developing and maintaining press and member databases.
• Managing and building master lists and event calendars.
• Tracking current issues and strategies in the hospitality industry to leverage opportunities for
• Support the implementation of new communications initiatives.
• Manage and develop press materials tied to Association news.
• Process, track and record all donations to the Foundation to include preparation and mailing
of donation acknowledgement letters.
• Maintain donor lists for publication and assist in fulfilling donor recognition and
• Prepare, mail and track all solicitation letters and proposals.
• Assist with data-entry and data verification for all Foundation databases as well as report
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications or Marketing;
• 1-2 years of experience; or a combination of education and experience.
• Experience in a non-profit organization a plus.
1250 EYE STREET, NW SUITE 1100 | WASHINGTON, DC 20005 | 202 289 3100 | WWW.AHLA.COM
Skills & Attributes:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; team player with a high level of
professionalism, self-motivation, and position attitude.
• Knowledge of Cision, Real Magnet, and/or Drupal a plus.
• Team player with a high level of professionalism, self-motivation, ability to learn quickly and
positive attitude. Customer service focused.
• Detail-oriented individual with exceptional organizational and time management skills with the
ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
• Working knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Experienced computer and software knowledge, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook). Knowledgeable with mail merges and ability to process mass mailings.
• Enjoy working in a fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and an ability to work both
independently and collaboratively across the organization.
• Position is based in Washington DC
• Travel is not required
To apply, send cover letter and resume to HR@AHLA.com
Job posted: 2020-10-29