Communications Lead and Policy Advisor
Allon Advocacy, LLC, a full-service financial services and fintech public policy consulting firm, is seeking a Communications Lead and Policy Advisor to join our small but mighty team.
The Communications Lead and Policy Advisor will be responsible for:
- Drafting a wide range of external-facing collateral on behalf of the firm and its clients, including regulatory and congressional submissions, bylines, and other policy-related documents for public consumption.
- Writing and editing client-facing materials, including memos, hearing summaries, presentations, and proposals.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with financial services and fintech reporters inside the Beltway and in other key markets.
- Managing the firm’s social media channels, with an emphasis on Twitter and LinkedIn, as well as those of one of the firm’s association clients.
- Conducting substantive, thorough policy analysis and research.
- Assisting in support of existing clients and developing new business opportunities.
- Supporting the team’s efforts to monitor regulatory and legislative developments of note to its clients at the federal and state levels, as well as in a limited number of international markets.
- Identifying and delivering opportunities to strategically enhance the firm’s and its clients’ visibility within the fintech industry and the influencer audience.
The ideal candidate will possess at least five years of experience and the following skills and background:
- Impeccable and demonstrable writing and editing ability, with an emphasis on translating wonky, esoteric policy issues into understandable prose for a broad audience.
- Intimate knowledge of and experience with both the traditional and digital media landscapes.
- Previous experience with financial services and/or fintech public policy, either on Capitol Hill, a federal regulatory agency, or within the industry.
- Entrepreneurial drive with a proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to multitask across a number of different subject matters.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and a writing sample that highlights their ability to clearly communicate a complex financial services policy issue. Email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allon Advocacy, LLC prides itself as an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in the value of diversity. We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, a liberal PTO policy, and a generous retirement savings program.
Job posted: 2021-02-08