Communications Lead, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit
The Communications Lead, U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (PHAU) is accountable for the planning, coordination and execution of all communications related to the domestic work of the PHAU team. Working in close collaborations with the Marcomms team and the cross-cutting PHAU members, the Lead will develop comprehensive communications plans to support programmatic and advocacy objectives as well as serve as the key advisor to public health partners on all comms matters.
Can hire remote for this position; Boston preferred.
● Supervise all communications aspects related to PHAU, including content, social media, multimedia production, public relations, messaging, and marketing.
● Lead, manage and coach a team of six communications professionals dedicated to supporting PIH domestic public health engagement
● Partner with the Director of the U.S. Public Health Accompaniment Unit (PHAU) to create strategies to support all domestic needs with agile and replicable marketing and communications materials
● Support PHAU advocacy and community mobilization strategy with actionable plans across all areas of marcoms
● Work closely with the Senior Director of Communications and Integrated planning to create a domestic communication strategy in line with the global marketing and communications objectives and consistent with brand standards
● Provide expert advice to public health partners on establishing localized awareness and engagement campaigns
● Drive partner strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies
● Develop co-branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
● Collaborate with Director of External Relations and external PR firm, to manage media relations and maximize media opportunities
● Develop internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, online, intranet, video, special projects and other assignments.
● Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, communications, or related field.
● Master’s degree preferred
● 5-7 years of experience in a marketing and communications management role
● Strong understanding of cross-platforms marketing, paid media, advertising, social media and digital analytics (native platforms, google analytics)
● Proven experience in assembling, training, and managing strong teams
● Strong writing and communication skills, including presentations/powerpoints
● Excellent collaborator, engaging in cross-department planning and strategy sessions, with exposure to all staff and levels of the organization
● Interest and knowledge of new and emerging social and digital industry trends.
● Strong project management skills and attention to detail
● Able to work occasional nights and weekends.
● Exemplary interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries.
● Interest in social justice is strongly desirable.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Kazakhstan, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-30