The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager-level communications professional. The Communications Manager is accountable for managing the development and execution of stakeholder communication strategies and communication vehicles. This work includes but is not limited to executive positioning, communication counsel, planning and execution, and enterprise business partnerships while ensuring quality, error-free, strategically targeted communications are developed and delivered with excellence. This is a home-based opportunity with visibility and career growth potential.
• Demonstrates strong business knowledge, leadership, and general management skills
• Provides strategic guidance and direction on programs, processes, and initiatives
• Builds and/or develops strategic communication strategies aligned to business objectives
• Presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
• Drives results through the development of effective relationships across functions and leadership and connects cross-functional resources to share expertise as appropriate
• Aligns and enables leadership efforts for continuous improvements
• Consistently plans, implements, manages, and/ or sponsors highly complex communication projects
• Coordinates and evaluates project controls and tracks/analyzes project ROI
• Provides business/technical consultation on highly complex projects
• Communicates and presents project information to project team as well as providing presentation/ updates to senior management
• Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
• Manages all-project-related expenses
• Supports governance processes
Manage Employees: This job does not currently have supervisory duties but may in the future.
• Assesses and anticipates resource needs including skills and education requirements (when leading project teams and/or managing direct reports)
• Directs and is responsible for work that needs to be performed by a team(s) and/or their direct reports
• Adheres to company’s management practices and processes
• Supports and executes performance management and development plans for all direct reports
• Participates in and provides input for succession planning
• Actively involved in talent development for a department
• Champions the Company’s Inclusive Diversity & Equity strategy for the selection, education, development and promotion of diverse team members
• 8+ years relevant experience required
• Bachelor’s degree required, Communication, English, or Journalism degree preferred
• Previous management experience a plus
• Strong written and oral communication and project management skills required
• Experience/knowledge of the personal property-liability industry preferred
• Experience in adapting, managing, and integrating technology and digital techniques in the design of a process or product
• Experience in developing and/or leading advancements and/or efficiencies via technology, automation, artificial intelligence
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including productivity apps, e.g. Teams, Forms, Yammer, etc
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-10