Solely funded by philanthropists Gary and Mary West, West Health includes the nonprofit and nonpartisan Gary and Mary West Health Institute and Gary and Mary West Foundation in San Diego, and the Gary and Mary West Health Policy Center in Washington, D.C. These organizations are working together toward a shared mission to lower healthcare costs to enable seniors to successful age in place with access to high-quality, affordable health and support services that preserve and protect their dignity, quality of life and independence. Through a combination of medical research, policy initiatives, collaborations, education and advocacy, West Health is committed to supporting and creating healthcare delivery models that improve care and access while reducing costs for our fast-growing, diverse population of seniors. For more information, visit westhealth.org and follow @westhealth.
West Health seeks to hire a Communications Manager to join its growing communications team. This individual will be responsible for implementing effective internal and external communications, outreach, and information dissemination activities The Communications Manager will oversee digital projects, including social media efforts and website management. They will also coordinate with the team to write talking points, policy summaries, and other materials as needed. This is an ideal role for a self-starter who can think creatively and strategically about ways to advance West Health’s mission and brand presence. The role reports to the Director of Communications and will also work closely with members of West Health’s leadership, policy, and research teams.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position along with three writing samples of varying styles attached to your resume.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Develop and manage content for the communications department editorial calendar, website and blog.
- Manage executive twitter handles for CEO, COO and CMO/CSO
- Provide communications support for external engagements, including the creation of presentations, speech writing, videos and additional materials.
- Provide project management support for communications initiatives.
- Draft press releases and organizational announcements, as assigned.
- Research, analyze, and report on social media coverage of the organization.
- Work with IT partners to define and coordinate website and intranet updates and maintenance.
- Write and edit internal communications content for e-mails, newsletters, leadership communications, etc. that is consistent with established messaging and brand standards.
- Manage intranet platform for internal audience, including writing, editing, and publishing content.
- Develop and/or update communications guidelines, templates, and assets as needed in order to maintain brand standards and organizational alignment.
- Work cross-functionally to provide communication support for research projects
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public affairs or relevant field;
- At least three years of relevant work experience in communications or public affairs;
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience updating website content via a content management system.
- Strong experience with social media tools and analytics for measuring results.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated proof-reading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm, cooperative spirit and a “can-do” attitude.
West Health Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability or veteran’s status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-13