Focus, Scope, & Impact:
Manage key areas of The Coca-Cola Company’s internal communications program, including:
- Development of communications strategies and approaches for select topics – such as community giving, supply chain safety, scaled brand launches or other evergreen topics – and helping tell those stories to employees to drive engagement and awareness.
- Tracking of key topics and metrics that ensure effectiveness of communications, in partnership with Platform Services.
- Creation of enterprise-wide communications – including email, Yammer, Connect and other channels as appropriate
- Provide messaging to internal communicators across global network who are focused on employee advocacy topics.
Working as part of the networked team coordinating across Global and OU PACS, Functions, HR and other areas of the business, this individual will develop and amplify communications that connect with employees on a broad variety of topics. They also must develop, collaborate and maintain relationships with key internal partners and decision-makers, including HR, media/external communicators, Platform Services, Global PACS and others. Ability to understand and bring diversity & inclusion into their work is a top priority.
- High school degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in public affairs, public relations, employee communications, and/or communications in public, private or NGO sector;
- In-depth communications experience is preferred.
- Working understanding across multi-cultural, networked organization.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex issues to drive tangible business actions.
- Communications Initiatives: Develop communications strategies and initiatives in order to drive awareness of key enterprise initiatives – such as community giving, climate change, public policy and sustainability efforts.
- Communications Content: Together with Platform Services, develop modern, consumer-grade content that can be used in employee communications channels (e.g., Yammer).
- Metrics: Together with Platform Services, keep track and build understanding that can be shared with the broader team for metrics that drive impact and business decisions.
- Narrative Development: Create, evolve and build narratives about the company’s approach to key topics.
- Demonstrated Trust and Confidentiality: As this area often comes into contact with confidential information, individuals who work in this space must demonstrate trust and confidentiality.
- Proactive communicator with ability to manage a portfolio of subject areas.
- Internal communicator to build consensus, ensure alignment and buy-in from key internal stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and determine the right creative content, channels and audiences in order to drive an internal communications agenda.
KEY KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
MASTERY OF (REQUIRED)
1 EXPERIENCE IN DEVELOPING STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION PLANS
2 COLLABORATIVE, NETWORK-ORIENTED MINDSET
3 CURIOSITY ABOUT A WIDE RANGE OF TOPICS, AND WILLINGNESS TO LEARN NEW AREAS
4 EXCELLENT WRITTEN, VERBAL, INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS AND ABILITY TO LEVERAGE CREATIVE CONTENT
5 STRONG ABILITY TO WORK AGILELY IN DIFFERENT TEAMS, BOTH INSIDE & OUTSIDE OF THE SYSTEM
BROAD EXPERTISE IN (GOOD TO HAVE)
1 EXPERIENCE IN ISSUES COMMUNICATIONS IS A PLUS
2 EXPERIENCE IN DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AND/OR PUBLIC POLICY/SUSTAINABILITY/COMMUNITY-ORIENTED TOPICS IS HELPFUL
3 EXPERIENCES IN MEDIA, PUBLIC POLICY, DIGITAL OR SOCIAL MEDIA BRING DEPTH TO ROLE
4 SOCIAL MEDIA SKILLS ARE A PLUS IN ORDER TO TRANSLATE EXPERIENCE TO INTERNAL (E.G., YAMMER, ETC)
5 DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE IN DRIVING AGREEMENT WITHIN AN ORGANIZATION (E.G., HR, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION, ETC)
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-20