International Rescue Committee
New York, NY
The CRRD (Crisis Response, Recovery, and Development) Department houses all of the IRC’s Country Programs that implement our work, as well as the sector-specific Technical Units (TUs) which are the teams of experts that support IRC’s shift to more outcomes-driven and evidence-based programs. TUs collaborate closely with Country Program staff on the frontlines of program delivery and provide technical support to staff to help ensure our programs are high-quality and deliver results for the people we serve.
Working closely with CRRD leadership and staff, the Internal Communications Manager will be a key player in:
• Strengthening internal communications: conveying key information compellingly in various formats, promoting its uptake, and collecting and sharing knowledge through various channels.
• Leading preparation, coordination, and follow-up for departmental meetings and events.
• Ensuring the Senior Vice President is briefed and prepped for high-profile/significant engagements, in partnership with the Director of Policy and Planning.
• Running special projects and initiatives as requested.
This role will require outstanding interpersonal, communications, and project management skills. It requires someone who is adept at working and collaborating across a large organization and team; who can be flexible in leading a variety of tasks; who relishes the idea of taking on new projects, and who brings creativity and a commitment to getting things done.
Internal Communications and Knowledge Management (65%)
• Support development and lead the implementation of a coherent and effective internal communication plan, leveraging different channels to reach a vast and diverse target audience
• Oversee the design and dissemination of a departmental newsletter and manage the Departmental ‘Rescuenet’ profile and pages on an ongoing basis, continuously improving these channels based on user feedback.
• Format and devise innovative visual representations and other materials for high profile presentations and documents for IRC leadership and other key partners to enhance visual appeal, understanding, and uptake of information.
• Write talking points, briefs and other content for Senior Leaders as requested.
• Support the development, maintenance, and accessibility of regional and country comms materials.
• Act as a liaison with other departments for information and communications requests.
Coordination and Administration (20%)
• Schedule and coordinate conferences, brown bags, and other departmental events
• Liaise with other departments on translation services and support the provision of translation services for the department
• Manage budgeting & payments for consultants and other relevant services
• Support team members in organizing and scheduling meetings and events with internal and external partners.
• Identify action items from Senior meetings and events for follow-up and track their progress and completion.
• Liaise with internal and external departments and stakeholders to advance content creation and knowledge management.
Project Management (15%)
• Own the project management of special projects and initiatives, running them independently, with oversight from and in close coordination with the Director of Policy and Planning and Sr Director of Finance, including scoping, gathering inputs, engaging key leaders, and supporting in developing strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 3 years of professional experience.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills (English), strong proofreading skills, and ability to convey information (both visually and in writing) in compelling and useable formats required
• Demonstrated outstanding project management experience and organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, stick to deadlines, and follow through
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time for self and others.
• Ability to work independently, resourcefully and to own initiative, with flexibility to changing priorities and an eagerness to learn.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to liaise with people successfully and effectively. within and across departments in a multi-cultural environment.
• Service oriented and flexible, commitment to help and support in a fast paced, fast changing environment.
• Strong computer acumen including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Advanced design vision and graphics skills.
• Works with optimism, humor and flexibility.
• French, Arabic, Spanish or other relevant language skills an advantage.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Equality, Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-24