ACHP is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced communications professional to help execute ACHP’s communications strategy in support of ACHP’s vision and mission. This person will play a central role in the communications team of a fast-paced Washington, DC advocacy organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, skilled writer and trusted multi-tasker, able to support ACHP’s member and external communications needs. This position offers excellent opportunities for career development and growth.
- Lead the creation of communications collateral, including press releases, blog posts, op-eds, member communications, e-newsletters, annual report and website copy.
- Assist Communications Director with driving consistent media coverage of ACHP and its initiatives, including pitching and managing media requests, facilitating interviews, nurturing press relationships, developing talking points and statements.
- Manage monitoring of daily headlines and clips, create and maintain media contact databases.
- Project manage multiple communications endeavors, including major publications. Work closely with vendors and external consultants.
- Research, strategize and complete submissions for external speaking opportunities and event participation for ACHP and member plan leaders.
- Devise creative new messaging strategies for reaching target audiences, often in a virtual world.
- Lead planning, programming and logistics for internal, member learning events, including bi-annual conferences.
- Assist with speeches/presentations, including slide creation, for ACHP CEO and other leadership, as requested.
- Gather and develop member plan stories for use in advocacy and media efforts.
- Collaborate with communications team to develop and implement communications and public affairs strategies, and projects.
- Mentor the department intern
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- At least 5 years communications experience in complex settings; health care, policy and/or nonprofit communications experience a plus
- Ability to think creatively and strategically about communications in a fast-paced Washington, DC advocacy organization
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with an ability to boil down complex issues into compelling messaging
- Confidence working with the news media, including record of print and broadcast media placement
- Experience using social media and digital tools
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail
- Strong project management abilities, capable of advancing multiple communications priorities and working independently under tight deadlines
- Experience in coordinating activities and managing relationships with stakeholders, consultants and external agencies.
- Some travel required
- Functional proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop)
Please submit a CV, cover letter and two writing samples via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include Communication Manager, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Job posted: 2021-04-10