We are looking for a motivated individual to join the American Crystal Sugar as a Communication Manager. The purpose of this position is to create and manage the communications, both internally and externally, as well as the public relations activities for American Crystal to increase public awareness and further develop and maintain a favorable corporate image with growers, employees, and the community.
The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the strategic approach of the Company’s communication plan.
- Manages and develops shareholder, employee, community, and public relations activities, philosophies, and strategies for American Crystal.
- Responsible for the creation, coordination and implementation of public relations and communication strategies and programs designed to create, promote, and advance a favorable image for the Company.
- Serves as primary resource between the Company, media, and the community. Manages media relations including media releases, interviews, and the development and enhancement of the media relations for the Company. Key contact for public requests, civic involvement, and access to the Company.
- Directs communications activities including the development and execution of the annual meeting, factory district meetings and other shareholder, employee, or Company-related meetings and events. Publishes the annual report, newsletters, and other collateral communication materials. Implements strategic media campaigns for harvest safety, environmental awareness, and other advertising. Provides ongoing guidance in developing and publishing content for the internet, intranet, social media, and related electronic communications.
- Provides expertise to internal customers on the development of presentation and communication vehicles utilizing print, graphics, interactive, video, etc. to ensure effective, aligned imaging and messaging opportunities. Uses Social Media avenues [Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc..] to expand messaging.
- Manages the Community Roots programs, company sponsorships, charitable contributions, and community involvement activities by providing program guidelines and managing contributions within approved parameters.
- Partners with Human Resource group to create and deliver sound recruitment plan externally and internally.
- Manages the “Company Store” to further the internal and external identity of the Company through the production of appropriate apparel and specialty items.
- Develops the Public Relations operating, sponsorship and contributions budgets for inclusion in the Administration budget. Manages communications activities within established budget.
- Directs and manages the Communication Designer position, providing effective leadership skills to ensure all Communication activities align with overall philosophies and strategies.
- The Communication Manager has the latitude to direct communication and public relations activities, develop and recommend philosophies and public relations strategies for the company to the VP within guidelines established. Problems of an unusual nature are discussed with the VP and President/CEO.
- To be successful in this position requires extensive experience in communications and public relations.
- A degree in communications.
- Five to eight years of applicable experience.
- The incumbent must have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with management, media, shareholders, and the public.
- Must be forward thinking in their communication approach.
- Excellent speech writing and delivery skills and experience in managing communication consultants are also important.
- Knowledge of, and ability to promote communications within Social Media channels is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-19