The National Association of County Engineers (NACE) is a non-partisan professional association representing a diverse group of over 3,000 county road professionals – County Engineers, Highway Commissioners/Superintendents, Publics Works Directors, Road Supervisors and Highway Administrators. NACE is the voice for these officials in Washington, DC. with a focus on transportation, infrastructure, and regulatory issues that affect the creation, expansion and rehabilitation of county owned infrastructure such as roads, bridges and water systems.
Travel: NACE Annual Conference
Position Summary: The Communications Manager is responsible for providing day-to-day communications between the Association and its members, media, stakeholders, and coalition partners.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Role includes writing and editing monthly NACE News, email blasts, press releases, website updates, social media management, advertisements and assisting with the NACE Annual Conference.
Please note that this is not a remote location position. While we have a telework policy, this is an in-person position.
· Maintain and update association and conference website content
· Assist Conference and Membership Director with recruitment and member communications
· Improve overall website consistency
· Assist Conference and Membership Director with delegate and exhibitor marketing materials
· Assist with formatting official documents, power point presentations, and member/sponsor/partner submissions
Press Releases/Media Outreach
Initiate a media plan that will include the crafting of press releases and statements and their distribution to sector relevant media outlets online and through social media.
· Manage all content and updates on the NACE website including weekly updates, NACE Committee pages, Calendar of Events, and NACE News
· Create comprehensive and cohesive look across all NACE platforms
· Build-out new pages on the NACE website as needed
· Create daily updates and announcements on social media
· Moderate and monitor social media
· Initiate outreach plan to NACE members encouraging social media submissions and/or notifications
· Collaborate and electronically distribute monthly NACE News, noting programs and events
· Update NACE website monthly with NACE News content Manage Corporate Member materials needed for effective website display
· Assist Conference and Membership Director with content and creating Conference Email blasts
Assist in the Development of promotional materials (postcards, flyers, electronic materials, graphics, social media, etc.) to be used in member and corporate partner recruitment
· Manage mobile app
· Assist with recording sessions and their distribution on virtual platform
· Manage signage list and maintain sponsor logos/usage guidelines for production
· Assist staff with conference website content
· Oversee all photo and video aspects of conference activities
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated proofreading skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor
· Exhibits a high degree of personal initiative
· Exhibit ability to adjust to changing landscapes, timelines, and direction
· Ability to “hit the ground running”.
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment and accomplish tasks with self-direction;
· Fluent computer skills, including basic use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as content management systems.
· 2-3 years of applicable communications experience, preferably in a congressional office, local/state/federal government, or trade association sectors
· Experience with email marketing system (i.e., Mailchimp/Constant Contact), required
· Experience with Website Content Management or AMS systems (i.e. YM or MemberClicks), required
· Experience with social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.), required
Salary: $47,000-$52,000, commensurate with experience.
NACE offers a competitive benefits plan while offering a SEPP Pension Plan.
Job posted: 2021-08-21