Please submit your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to Brandy Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.
Moveable Feast serves people who live at the intersection between serious chronic illness and food insecurity. We provide healthy, home-delivered meals with individualized nutrition counseling, at no cost, to improve the health and quality of life of those we serve. Moveable Feast mobilizes a compassionate community of volunteers and supporters to feed people, fight disease, and foster hope.
A Maryland where people come together to feed people, fight disease, and foster hope.
Improve the health of Marylanders experiencing food insecurity and chronic illness by preparing and delivering medically tailored meals and providing nutrition education, thereby achieving racial, social, and health equity.
Moveable Feast needs a strong and effective team to fully realize its mission and intended impact in the community. Being part of the Moveable Feast team is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who believes that food is medicine for people living with serious illness.
Moveable Feast works to be an organization diverse in thought, life experience, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical and developmental ability, and socioeconomic status. We seek candidates who will contribute to diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments for our clients, volunteers, and staff. Moveable Feast condemns racism and discrimination in all its forms and has taken an anti-racist stance that moves beyond mere statements on our commitment to minimizing negative impacts in the present and future by: denouncing racism; evaluating policies and practices; and recognizing and dismantling oppressive systems.
The Communications Manager is an integral part of the development and management of the organization’s communication efforts who is responsible for crafting and expressing the organization’s story. The Communications Manager is responsible for writing and managing all fundraising appeals, newsletters, event promotion materials and external communications. They also develop content for and manage Moveable Feast social media platforms, website, messaging and branded materials. The position is also responsible for carrying out fundraising objectives as part of a collective development team.
• Creates and manages written appeals; including (but not limited to) direct mail pieces, newsletters, and online newsletters. Including monitoring, facilitating, and coordinating production and distribution of communication pieces; including production schedule, layout, and management of staff, volunteer, client & donor interviews.
• Maintains, creates content for, and actively updates all Moveable Feast’s media platforms and website; including the management of website maintenance vendor, website forms, and board portal.
• Responsible for the tracking, performance, and auditing, of all communications, including social media platforms and website performance.
• Supports the Director of Development in brand strategy development and implementation.
• Manages and coordinates all PR related activities, including the management of PR agency relationship and community speaking engagements.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with at least 3 years of experience in communications or high school diploma with at least 5 years of experience in communications.
• At least 2 years’ experience assisting with fundraising communications for a nonprofit serving under-represented or underserved populations.
• Experience in WordPress, Adobe Suite, and Canva preferred.
• At least 2 years of experience creating content for and maintaining an organizational website.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Moveable Feast; Commitment to Moveable Feast’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion principles and practices; Excellent customer service skills with an enthusiasm for engaging people in the mission of the organization; Skilled in word processing, spreadsheets, video conferencing, slide presentations, online calendar and email
This position requires weekly on-site work at our office location 901 N. Milton Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205 with eligibility for some remote work.
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 per year (Non-Exempt)
Benefits: CareFirst BC/BS medical, dental & vision insurance (75% employer paid); Paid Time Off (PTO); Paid holidays; & 403(b) retirement plan. Moveable Feast has a strong commitment to the growth and development of people and provides professional development and learning opportunities for all staff.
Job posted: 2021-07-27