Join us on our mission to help essential professionals build financial security near the communities they serve. Landed helps individuals navigate their options for buying a home, including our own shared equity down payment program. We work with education and healthcare employees in expensive metro areas like San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Hawai’i, Los Angeles, San Diego, Washington D.C. and Boston. Landed welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse communities we serve.
The Communications Manager will be an integral part of Landed’s marketing team, responsible for managing external communications and public relations for Landed. This includes supporting communications related to launches, storytelling and thought leadership for the company. The ideal candidate will have experience creating and driving strategic public relations campaigns that support communications to different audiences. We’re also looking for someone with experience in education or government as well as a track record of creating news moments around thought leadership and compelling customer stories.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Become an expert in all things Landed to suggest and source original stories from inside the company leveraging data, product launches, or company news for both B2B and B2C audiences
- Write, edit and curate content for Landed’s blog, press releases and marketing materials
- Collaborate with teams across Landed to amplify content across channels, including social media and sales
- Identify and proactively conduct outreach to reporters to introduce Landed and its spokespeople
- Monitor news for press mentions and maintain press clips database and website press page
- Assist in the development and management of data related to the impact of Landed’s offerings as they relate to creating compelling narratives for B2B and B2C audiences
- Support leadership’s external speaking engagements and event participation with prep materials and amplification across company channels
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant experience with ideally 2 or more years of agency experience
- PR/Communications experience within healthcare, government or education
- Extremely strong writing and communications skills; ability to produce clear, concise materials within tight deadlines
- Ability to take technical information and transform it into easy-to-understand language
- Ability to project manage and multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Bonus points: Existing relationships with media members across healthcare, government and education industries; Experience with communications to policymakers
- This is a full-time, exempt role based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, New York or Washington D.C.
- The salary range for this position is $106,000 with equity at a high-profile, Series A start-up.
- We offer full health & wellness benefits, including other benefits to support your professional growth.
- We also encourage and accommodate schedules that take into consideration the diversity of responsibilities and goals our teammates have outside of the office.
- Live our values: Act with humility. Find what’s fair. Prioritize the human. Own your growth.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-06