The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector.The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 100 talented researchers and support staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
The ICCT is looking for a Communications Manager to join our team working to decarbonize the global transportation sector and support our mission to address climate change. You will play a leadership role in a planned expansion of ICCT’s communications program to reach a broader, more diverse audience through increased work with traditional and social media, public events and targeted outreach, and partner engagement. You will report to the Communications Director and work with the Deputy Director and Executive Director.
- Work with communications and research teams to reach a broader audience through increased work with traditional and social media, public events and targeted outreach, and stakeholder engagement. Work in this stream will include editing and writing presentations, briefings, press kits, fact sheets, and other materials, including multimedia and online content, to support information sharing and outreach.
- Build ICCT’s audience and effectiveness through managing and publicizing in-person and virtual events (workshops, webinars, conferences). This includes planning and management of ICCT’s signature conference (Council Summit), and a series of regional workshops on behalf of the Zero Emission Vehicle Transition Council in the US, Europe, India and China.
- Develop communications strategies for each of the major markets in partnership with regional directors and leads, researchers, and editorial and communications staff, determine suitable metrics for measuring success, and track progress.
- Facilitate communications among ICCT staff and between ICCT staff and external partners related to major projects and campaigns.
- Track ICCT staff participation in outside events and work with program and communications staff to publicize such activities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 7+ years experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience organizing events or projects involving multiple organizations and including a significant outreach component
- Knowledge of and experience with public policy making and government
- Knowledge of and experience with environmental issues related to climate change, transportation or energy
- Competence in a range of software tools and platforms such as videoconferencing and event hosting
- Comfortable with and experienced in being active on social media channels
- International experience and/or professional competence in a language besides English is preferred
This full-time position will be based either in our San Francisco or Washington, D.C. office. Your salary will be $102,600 (DC) and $112,900 (SF). We offer an excellent benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation and family leave, a 401k plan with generous 7% employer contribution, hybrid office/remote flexibilities, transportation subsidy, and other benefits.
To apply for this position visit: https://icct.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Job posted: 2021-10-03