GIGAEurope is an industry organisation that brings together private operators who build, operate and invest in the gigabit communications networks that enable Europe’s digital connectivity. Our members offer world-class products and services, including converged fixed and mobile communications. GIGAEurope members collectively provide connectivity services to over 40 million fixed broadband customers and 130 million mobile customers spanning across Europe.
WHY WORK FOR GIGAEUROPE
This is an opportunity to join one of the most dynamic industries within the digital ecosystem – the connectivity industry. And it gives you the chance to shape the organisation and propel its growth at what is truly the most exciting time to join GIGAEurope. You will be part of a team who is motivated to make a difference to the benefit of its members and a variety of external stakeholders. You will work in an international and dynamic environment on a wide diversity of European topics, while having the space for personal development.
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
Responsible for the development and implementation of the communication strategy of the organisation. Enhance the organisation’s visibility, reputation and image as a strong and respected voice of the connectivity industry.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the communication and branding strategy of the organisation, using both online and offline tools
- Build and maintain an extensive, active and positive external network and work with media outlets, trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, and other key influencers to promote and build support for GIGAEurope
- Engage proactively with media and influencers to highlight GIGAEurope members’ impact on the European economy
- Represent GIGAEurope externally to EU media and other external stakeholders
- Create dynamic content, including articles, press releases, speeches, event scripts, interviews, videos and photos
- Manage the organisation’s website, social media and newsletters
- Organise online and offline meetings and events
- Actively monitor relevant events and inform members
- Coordinate communication activities with the association’s members and external stakeholders, leading GIGAEurope’s working groups and participating to external working groups
Skills and personality
- 4-7 years of experience in the European digital or tech communications space, having strong knowledge of the EU media environment
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree
- Excellent written and spoken English, other European languages desirable
- Keen interest in writing and ability to translate complex issues into accessible and compelling material
- Experience producing content for media, events, newsletters and other communications materials
- Experience organising online and offline events
- Proficiency working with websites and social media is essential (experience working with WordPress and other cloud applications would be a plus)
- Excellent communication, research and project management skills
- Result-oriented, proactive team-player with strong diplomatic and social skills
- Self-driven with a positive outlook, a clear focus on high quality, creativity and flexibility
- Independent and accountable
- Ability to juggle different tasks at the same time and to respect deadlines, able to respond to urgent issues when needed
The contract will have an unlimited duration. The assignment will start as soon as possible. The gross salary is in line with that of a Brussels-based trade association, on the basis of a full-time job of 39 hours per week.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English, by e-mail to email@example.com, subject “Application: Communications Manager”, by 31 October 2021. Job interviews will be organised on Teams/Zoom.
The application process at GIGAEurope includes a background check regarding, but not limited to, employment, education and reference checks.
Job posted: 2021-10-12