ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by 7 million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues — from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom — so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Our work – both rapid response and long-term campaigns for change –amplifies the voices of Black folks and our allies, building power and delivering meaningful wins that create consequences for racial injustice and build momentum for implementing solutions that move Black people and all people forward.
The Marketing & Storytelling team leads the brand, content, culture change, communications, and influencer engagement necessary to advance Color Of Change’s values, vision, and efforts across society. Through various platforms and mediums, the team helps Color Of Change, our members and allies become more powerful and deliver on our main promise: elevating the stories and solutions we believe in, increasing the demand for change, sparking the level and frequency of action that can force the hand of decision-makers, and shifting societal norms—all in service of achieving real, lasting and systemic change. Central to the Marketing & Storytelling team’s work is #ChangeIndustries, a Color Of Change initiative that secures commitments to roadmaps for change from the corporations that set the standards in different cultural industries, and then maintain systems of accountability that force those corporations to make good on those commitments, at a level that leads to major impact in terms of Black power, safety and culture change.
Color Of Change seeks a Communications Manager to provide strategic communications support for campaign initiatives and events. The Communications Manager will be responsible for press strategy, message development, outreach, and engagement and will support special project implementation. The Communications Manager is an important position within the team, perfect for someone who lives in the news cycle, and enjoys developing hard-hitting campaign communications plans. The person will also work closely with the Director of Communications to raise the profile of the organization’s campaigns, staff, and membership through media partnerships and syndicated programming.
The Communications Manager is based out of our New York City or Washington D.C. office and reports directly to the Director of Communications.
Manages the day-to-day earned media programming for economic justice and corporate accountability Color of Change Campaigns (50%)
- Editing and approving media advisories, talking points, op-eds, quotes, press statements, and other press materials for campaign events and initiatives.
- Manage press events, interviews, and turnout for special projects
- Monitors national and local press for relevant stories.
- Pitches story ideas and provides information to generate supportive media coverage.
- Responds to inquiries from print, radio, online, and television journalists.
- Develops and maintains media lists.
- Builds relationships with beat reporters at key outlets and geographies.
- Prepares and coordinates media opportunities for staff and member spokespeople
Leads communications strategy for key campaigns (25%)
- Participates in weekly and monthly campaign strategy and planning meetings with campaign managers and directors.
- Creates long-term communications plans, goals, and priorities on assigned campaigns.
- Identifies key media moments and work with the team to create newsworthy events.
- Develops short term communications plans for crisis management
- Identifies needs for additional communications support at key junctures.
- Manages communications associate for editorial content drafting and implementation for key campaigns
- Manages and coordinates with consultant firms for press strategy implementation and outreach.
- Coordinates with marketing and storytelling members to align on social, video, graphics, and partnerships for relevant campaigns.
This position is ideal for a highly organized, detail-oriented, independent, and deadline-oriented individual with a strong interest in racial and social justice issues who is excited to bring their talents and acumen to bear in a fast-paced, collaborative, and strategic growth-focused environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Mission Alignment: You have enthusiasm, familiarity, and demonstrated alignment with Color Of Change’s mission and campaigns and also a commitment to building/deepening your commitment to racial justice. You are steadfast in your support of COC’s long-term sustainability and are committed to a career with impact.
- Significant media relations experience for related campaign issues
- Previous communications experience in a non-profit, labor union, or social justice setting.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit persuasive materials including talking points, op-eds, press releases, and messaging documents on deadline.
- Experience using Meltwater, Cision, or a comparable media-tracking platform.
- Proficiency with Gsuite applications, Microsoft Suite, and other common writing tools.
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and multi-task across teams working across various offices
- Demonstrated ability to be a proactive team player and take initiative.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with a proactive approach
- Passionate, energetic, and a strong work ethic, with the flexibility to work outside traditional 9 to 5 hours, including weekends
- Commitment to confidentiality and ability to exercise absolute discretion
- Commitment to winning
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click the “Apply for this position” link and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.
The salary for the Communications Manager is $72,000/year. This is a full-time exempt position. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-12