The Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director and works with Shadhika staff, board, partner sites, alum and program participants to manage all internal and external communication processes for Shadhika, ensuring the organization meets its communication strategies and audience engagement goals. This role is responsible for implementing Shadhika’s comprehensive communications plan and continuing strategies to elevate the organization’s mission and impact.
- Implement Shadhika’s communications plan and further develop communications strategy
- Promote Shadhika through digital, social, print, earned media, and other associated channels
- Oversee and manage Shadhika’s brand
- Ensure the timely, accurate, direct implementation of Shadhika’s Communications content, including but not limited to emails, website content, blogs, social media, fundraising and event collaterals, annual reports, etc.
- Oversee, manage, create and implement all email marketing, website management, and social media campaigns
- Oversee and manage all content curation in collaboration with the Shadhika team, partners and program participants
- Manage team of consultants, interns, fellows, and/or volunteers supporting Shadhika’s Communications efforts as needed
- Support Shadhika’s virtual and/or in-person fundraising and development efforts
- Other duties as assigned
Shadhika is looking for a team player with 5 years’ experience who will thrive in a small international NGO environment and be Shadhika’s primary creative maven. You will be both a strategic and tactical partner to the Executive Director. You enjoy the convergence of work in a start-up environment that includes high-level, conceptual conversations and detailed day-to-day tasks.
You are a motivated self-starter with a strong, proven work ethic. You have excellent relational skills and are experienced in both virtual and in-person cross?functional teamwork. You have experience leading group projects to meet deliverables on time and on budget. You work in a proactive manner, are very organized, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills. You are a dynamic colleague who understands the value of collaboration and can also thrive in solo situations.
You will bring curiosity, organization, diligence, and interpersonal skills to inform our Communications strategy as you work alongside Shadhika staff and the partner sites. You are highly skilled at leveraging content across a multiplicity of digital media channels and know the importance of growing audience connections in these spaces to further the mission of an organization’s work. You have an eye for visual design, and/or have experience working as a graphic designer – an Adobe CC skillset is a plus. You are also an excellent writer and storyteller, understanding the responsibility of managing Shadhika’s brand visuals and its partner’s and program participant’s voices. You are a clear, nuanced communicator and have accomplished linguistic skills in spoken and written English – skills with Indian languages are a plus. You are passionate about ethical, asset-based storytelling that is not exploitative nor extractive.
You will work diligently to implement sourcing processes that are empowering and to create narrative forms that elevate program participant perspectives because you understand how this informs Shadhika’s values. You are curious (or may be knowledgeable) about India’s historical and modern context and aspire to create tangible connections with our work in the field for our international audience. You will support and affirm our feminist and human rights approach, aligning your contributions, decisions, and behavior accordingly. You will have a burning passion to achieve gender equality in India..
How to Apply
Please submit the following via email to email@example.com with the subject line Communications Manager. One combined PDF is preferred.
- Cover letter, answering the following questions: How will your experience and expertise advance Shadhika’s strategic communications goals? What is your understanding of the value of partner and participant centered and driven storytelling and content?
- Link to digital portfolio or PDF version
- 2 writing samples: preferred topics include social justice, human rights, international development Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job posted: 2021-11-13