Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
TRAVEL REQUIRED: LESS THAN 10%
PUBLIC TRUST: NONE
REQUISITION TYPE: REGULAR
GDIT’s Military Health Team is hiring a Communications Manager to support the Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence (TBI CoE) located at headquarters in Silver Spring, MD.
As the TBI Pathway of Care manager within the MHS, the Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence promotes state-of-the-science care from point-of-injury to reintegration for service members, veterans, and their families to prevent and mitigate consequences of mild to severe TBI.
The Communications Manager will provide support in developing and maintaining the Defense Health Agency Research and Engineering, Traumatic Brain Injury Center of Excellence (TBICoE) Strategic Communications Plan and ongoing activities associated with the plan.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and deliver to the government an annual TBICoE Strategic Communications Plan.
- The TBICoE Annual Report within the timeline specified. The Communication Specialist will lead a team to develop and draft the Annual Report for approval by the government.
- Facilitate formal and official communications between TBICoE, the research network sites and other entities (e.g., Public Affairs Offices, military departments, Defense Health Agency, VA, Congress, etc.).
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing, and editing content of TBICoE communications
- Responsible for developing the processes of Standard Operating Procedures for disseminating information. This includes reviewing information from HQ and network sites prior to its dissemination to public sources.
- Attend DHA/DoD/HA meetings within the Washington DC area, sometimes on short notice, as directed by TBICoE HQ to support government staff in public engagements.
- Follow DHA, TBICoE and network site policies regarding media interviews, publications, presentations, etc.
- Provide a weekly report within the timeline required of high visibility event or activities that have been conducted by TBICoE staff for the weekly SITREP submitted to the government.
- Lead a team of communication specialists and graphic designers to produce various newsletters, health.mil articles, education products, and multi-media products on traumatic brain injuries.
- Supervise a multi-disciplinary team ensuring all administrative requirements and deliverables are completed.
- Provides administrative and personnel actions supervision for Communications Team.
Additional Position Details:
- May include part-time telework.
- Must be available to travel locally within the DC Metro area.
What You’ll Need (required):
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications related field required or experience managing projects within a similar work setting may be accepted in lieu of educational minimums.
- 8+ years of related communications experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of oral and written communication and skill sufficient to develop a wide variety of complex written and visual informational materials.
- Knowledge of technical and professional guidelines applicable to communication initiatives such as libel and copyright laws, 508 Compliance, Privacy Act implications regarding the release of information, FIAR guidelines, and relevant DoD regulations and practices.
- Skill in utilizing software applications in the development of communications products such as web design and content, brochures, briefing materials, and marketing tools.
- Knowledge of and skill to manage social media initiatives.
What Would Be Even Better (preferred):
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, preferred.
- Prior experience within the DOD system, preferred.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-30