Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Be a part of a team responsible for shaping the reputation of the most magical place on earth- Walt Disney World Resort. As we celebrate our 50th Anniversary, you will help develop communication across our resort recognizing this important milestone while telling stories about the memories our Cast and our guests make every day.
Behind the Magic: The Communication Manager is responsible for the development of strategic communication and content that effectively engages and inspires internal and external audiences, including our Cast Members and news media. As a member of the Communications team, you will develop and execute communications strategies to drive engagement among our Cast, work with news media to share stories about why Walt Disney World is a great place to work and play and shape the narrative around our business.
Every day is different as a Communications Manager. On any given day YOU might:
- Develop, implement and sustain internal and external communication strategies on a broad range of business initiatives leveraging appropriate communication channels to achieve plan goals.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment delivering comprehensive and creative communication strategies.
- Analyze and assess coverage of current events and public opinion to help shape communication strategies. This may include proactively identifying emerging issues and mitigating potential impacts using an integrated approach that accounts for all aspects and audiences of a communication plan.
- Develop and produce creative out-of-the-box content to generate engagement across a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Serve as a consultant, influencer and strategic thought partner to peers, leadership and business partners to solve business and audience needs and proactively shape communication.
- Build internal and external relationships to help effectively deliver integrated communication strategies.
- Partner with various teams to develop and implement executive engagement strategies.
- Participate in 24-hour on-call rotation which includes interface with media, issues and crisis response and command center staffing.
Please apply if YOU have:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently deliver results as part of a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Experience developing communication strategies and visual and written content for both internal and external audiences.
- Experience that can include a mix of experience within agency, corporate communications, public relations, public affairs, news media or government communications role, with prior experience with issues management and handling confidential information.
- Leadership competencies in the ability to influence and persuade, building relationships with partners and stakeholders in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be able to think strategically, act as a consultant, communicate effectively and manage projects.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter develop high-quality work product in a fast-paced, highly matrixed, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience using social media and new technologies to develop, support, schedule and analyze successful social media campaigns.
- Strong writing skills including AP style expertise, strong presentation, positioning and editing skills.
- Ability to participate in 24-hour on-call rotation, including days, holidays, nights and weekends, for incident, emergency and media response.
It would be great if YOU also had:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience that can include a mix of experience within agency, corporate communications, public relations, public affairs, news media or government communications role, with prior experience with issues management and handling confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Job posted: 2021-12-19