Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The Communications Manager position reports to the Chief of Staff and is responsible for content creation across print and digital platforms to help meet the organization’s mission. This individual will initiate, plan, design, execute, and monitor the progress of a number of communications projects to support the organization’s overall communications plan and program.
NJPCSA encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and to building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support communications projects that advance the organization’s mission and brand.
- Serve as a project manager to coordinate projects related to public facing communications that are consistent with the organization’s voice and its appropriate target audiences.
- Support the development of engaging content across a variety of platforms including web, social media, newsletters, stand-alone emails, and calls to action.
- Maintain editorial calendar for social media content, newsletters, and web stories.
- Build and manage a portfolio of communications assets including branding/logos, videos, story quotes and ideas, photo archives, and media coverage.
- Provide support in the development of collateral for events and presentations.
- Live and breathe the organization’s branding and style guide. Fonts, colors, spacing, and capitalization should always be on point.
- Provide support around CRM systems, including list development and maintenance, reporting, and managing the organization’s CRM system.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in communications or public relations.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and a commitment to excellence.
- Experience in working on political or advocacy campaigns.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve with little input.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and take initiative for improving systems.
- Ability to manage a variety of key initiatives concurrently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives and materials.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, WordPress, Constant Contact (or similar email platform), Twitter, and Facebook.
- Candidate should have high standards for his/her own work and should be accountable to meeting mutually agreed-upon targets and deadlines.
- A dedication to the mission of supporting high quality public school options for all kids.
- Experience with Phone2Action or similar platform
- Understanding of education reform landscape in general and charter schools in particular.
Email email@example.com for more information
Job posted: 2021-12-28