Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The Partnership for After School Education (PASE) is a child-focused organization that promotes and supports quality afterschool programs, particularly those serving young people from underserved communities. We do so by working with the adults in children’s lives, ensuring they are prepared, trained, and capable of providing high-quality services.
For over 25 years, PASE has helped the dedicated individuals who work in afterschool programs gain and develop the skills they need to provide high-quality, content-rich programmatic experiences to youth in out-of-school time, building a stronger and more resilient afterschool field. As a network leader, PASE collaborates with hundreds of community-based organizations, corporate partners, and higher education, governmental, and philanthropic institutions. Through these partnerships, PASE is able to provide the more than 1,600 community-based organizations in our network with the support they need to provide the 500,000 young people in New York City’s afterschool programs with the opportunities they deserve.
Afterschool transforms young people’s lives. PASE transforms afterschool. Consider joining a team committed to building a brighter future for the young people of New York City.
The Communications Manager plays a key role in increasing the visibility and credibility of the PASE, its members, and the sector as a whole. This position will partner with PASE staff across all teams, network members and other organizations, and execute a broad range of activities conveying the value and impact of the organization. The Communications Manager focuses on internal and external communications through digital channels, and also has a key role in the organization’s strategic communications design and implementation.
We seek an individual with a talent for collaboration who can synthesize relevant take-aways and formulate stories tailored to specific audiences and goals, develop communications tools and strategies across multiple platforms, and support our fundraising efforts among public, private and individual donors. The Communications Manager position is a new role in the organization and may evolve in the first 1-2 years.
What You’ll Do…
- Develop and implement an effective organizational communications, media, and outreach strategy, including long- and short-lead plans, campaigns, talking points about PASE, its programs and services, identification of new opportunities and cultivation of media outlets
- Provide primary back-up support for website posts/updates and contact/coordinate with our web designers, ModLab
- Develop and produce content to strategically engage and educate audiences across various channels, including newsletters, blogs, graphics, website, social media, and special events
- Manage and coordinate all collateral materials for messaging and branding
- Monitor, report and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, etc.)
- Leverage key engagement metrics across platforms to optimize content, messaging and distributions
- Other responsibilities may be requested or required from time to time
What You’ll Experience…
- Engaging in weekly staff meetings
- Ongoing opportunities to engage in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB)
- Opportunities for professional growth and support with developing your career map
- A culture of transparency, openness, and feedback
What You’ll Gain…
At PASE, we recognize the importance of focusing on each person as an individual and supporting with personal and professional development. We work towards supporting our professionals by experiencing their roles as positions that are meaningful and value adds to their career path. We support everyone with growing in their career by doing the following:
- Professional growth and development
- Having ongoing conversations about performance and identifying ways to best support you
- Clarity around your career goals
- Mentorship opportunities
- Knowledge of and commitment to the work and mission of PASE
- Have at least 3+ years of professional experience working in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field in a nonprofit organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to effectively and positively interact with diverse constituents
- Experience with social media management
- Ability to cultivate relationships and work effectively with internal and external constituents
- Strong attention to details and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines
- Ability to work with others in-person and virtually
- Knowledge of supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion across a team or organization
- College degree preferred OR relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances, expectations, and priorities
- Strong technical capabilities including experience working with MS Office systems, web design and development, graphic design software
What We Offer
- Health (medical, dental) insurance
- 403B with employer match
- 15 vacation days that increase after 5+ years of service, sick days, personal days, wellness days
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
How to Apply
PASE is an equal opportunity employer. Send a cover letter with your salary expectations and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
PASE is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and lifting the leadership of people from communities historically underrepresented.
Job posted: 2021-12-28