Manage the development and production of all print and web-based communications for the NEA. Supervise and provide direction to a team of communications and meeting/event planning coordinators, ensuring all communications support NEA and DFA objectives and meet current organizational and professional standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison between Northeast Area and the DFA Corporate Communications Department. Ensure that all NEA communications projects are consistent with/supportive of corporate goals and meet corporate production standards
- Research and write original content for all NEA communications vehicles including newsletters, press releases, promotional literature, special mailings, Web sites, etc.
- Ensure that all publications and communications projects are delivered on deadline and within budget
- Promote a positive image of DFA and the NEA by actively seeking out print and radio placements of stories which highlight the cooperative’s activities, accomplishments, and contributions to the local community
- Represent DFA and the NEA at local fairs, trade shows, industry events, fund-raisers, and similar activities. Promote DFA, the dairy industry, and cooperatives in various ways
- Provide support to NEA managers and staff to ensure successful completion of departmental member/ hauler/ customer communications projects
- Manage, supervise, plan and assist with NEA area events in person as well as electronically through webinars and video conferencing
- Manage the NEA Young Cooperator Program
- Oversee the research, procurement, and distribution of promotional literature, giveaways, clothing, and similar items to Northeast Area staff and members
- Coordinate and lead daily activities, assign work to team and review progress, and function as a resource for escalated questions or issues. Coach and develop team, conduct performance reviews, and provide input into human resources activities, such as hiring, pay reviews, etc.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Communications, Agricultural Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Business, or a related field
- 5 to 7 years of directly related job experience including demonstrated team leadership qualities or three years of supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent command of the English language and grammar
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people in business and social settings
- Ability to listen/question effectively
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge and experience utilizing social media platforms
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with personal computers and use of software including MS Office applications, MS Outlook, and Adobe InDesign
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-01