Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Title: Communications Manager
Career Education Colleges and Universities (CECU) is the national association representing private postsecondary career schools. CECU is seeking a detail-oriented Communications Manager who will cohesively execute communications responsibilities related to members and the sector at large for the association. Working at the direction of the Vice President of Communications, the Communications Manager is responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all communications to the association’s current and potential membership. This shall include various messages for the association such as government relations, advocacy, grassroots, and general communications across email campaigns, website updates, and social media. While experience covering higher education is not required, the Communications Manager should have the ability to quickly pick up new topics and concisely write articles, blogs, or emails on various topics. CECU values the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion and we welcome all to apply.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the CECU leadership team to amplify the public voice of the association across all types of media.
- Assist with the drafting and distribution of press releases and various communications to the membership at the direction of the Vice President of Communications and the Government Relations team.
- Review and proof all internal and external communications, with the expectation of each being well written, clear, and concise, with zero typographical, spelling, and grammar errors.
- Work with CECU’s subject experts to draft talking points for key issues related to CECU’s advocacy, grassroots, and member service activities.
- Assist in the distribution of daily news clips to the membership and subscribers for the association and its affiliates.
- Plan, develop, and organize CECU’s social media campaigns to increase organization awareness and engagement.
- Work with the Vice President of Communications to establish positive relationships with higher education and public policy media outlets and keep an up-to-date press list.
- Produce copy (write and edit) for sector initiatives, campaigns, and updates in the form of email, print, and social media.
- Track all communications and website engagement to recommend and implement areas of improvement for stronger member outreach.
- Support the content creation of graphics, infographics, videos, and other visual content for relevant audiences for sector initiatives.
- Work with CECU’s membership department to maintain and update the association’s data management system to ensure accurate distribution lists for all communications and audiences.
- Monitor and respond in a timely manner to all communications access points for the association, including communications team email addresses, social media direct messaging, and any other avenue for message delivery.
- Collaborate with the CECU leadership team to create style guides and brand voice outlines for all communications, public relations, marketing, advertising, and other departments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field is recommended.
- 2+ years of work experience in communications, social media, and press relations is required, preferably at a DC-based association or in a federal legislative office or agency.
- Strong creative skills, especially writing/editorial.
- Experience managing social media business accounts.
- Database and email management experience is recommended.
- Team first attitude.
- Detail and deadline oriented; ability to work under pressure and with short timelines.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- The role offers professional growth opportunities within the association.
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you also have:
- Familiarity with higher education policy issues.
- Knowledge of legislative and federal processes.
- Ability to create multimedia content.
- Experience with content management systems.
Salary is $70k-$90k with excellent benefits.
Email Deepti Taneja with resume and cover letter to Deepti.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2022-07-22