Communications Manager – (229589)
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Lead the development and execution of integrated communications strategies and programs across Pepco DC and Pepco Maryland.
2. Ensure high quality, effective communications, including business and strategic planning for complex company initiatives and campaigns spanning capital infrastructure projects, complex regulatory reform, rate review strategies, sustainability messaging and jurisdiction-specific efforts.
3. Serve as the primary communication project manager for the Pepco region, coordinating an array of in-house and external efforts to advance functional and regional priorities.
4. Serve as member of PHI Regional Communications team working effectively across internal communications, media relations, advertising and marketing, and digital communications to ensure cohesive alignment of activities and resources and the execution of a holistic PHI Communications strategy.
5. Periodically represent Director of PHI Operations Communications with Senior Business Unit/Corporate leadership.
6. Ensure alignment of work with Exelon and Pepco Holdings vision and strategy and coordination within and across other Exelon utilities.
7. Oversee budget and agencies for Pepco region integrated communications projects.
•Position reports directly to the Director of PHI Operations Communications
•Position activities are focused on integrated communications support, while participating in and supporting initiatives and projects developed by communications managers across all business units with primary emphasis on the Pepco region
•Involves proactive communication planning and plan execution, significant writing, editing and development of communications materials, and a high level of coordination with other communication functions within Corporate Communications
•Requires strong writing, editing and project management skills
•High level of organization, strategic thinking, and presentation required
•4-year relevant degree and a minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in strategic communications
•Proven, excellent communications skills – both written and interpersonal
•Strong analytical skills
•Excellent organizational and presentation skills
•Proven ability to be innovative and creative
•Ability to work autonomously and interface easily with senior business leaders and the local press
•Master’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, or related field preferred Energy business/industry knowledge preferred
•Bilingual/Spanish speaking candidates a plus
•Energy business/industry knowledge
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-03