Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The Communications Manager serves as a key leader at Sunflower Hill, with responsibility for:
- Ensuring consistent brand and messaging across digital and print platforms.
- The creation of collateral materials and management of the website and social media accounts.
- A variety of additional tasks related to our programs, communities and day-to-day operations.
Some nights and weekends may be required.
Full time – 40 hours a week.
Employee may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.
- Oversee all organizational communications to ensure consistent brand and messaging related to print, press, and digital efforts.
- Strategically develop marketing and outreach plans related to events, programs, fundraising campaigns, and other organizational activities.
- Manage social media platforms and related content generation.
- Manage the website including content creation, updates and ongoing website development, and strategy.
- Work closely with all departments to create collateral materials including but not limited to the annual report, flyers, invitations, programmatic materials, and brochures, etc.
- Work with the Executive Director and Advancement Director to develop an integrated online fundraising strategy.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Directors External Communications Committee overseeing and implementing marketing; digital and print, as well as community outreach.
- Manage and oversee communications budget, monitoring revenue where applicable and expenses.
- Oversee content and image organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Candidates should have strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be a strategic thinker as well as detail-oriented, and be able to meet deadlines. A personable, flexible, and supportive approach with a strong work ethic is essential. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to multi-task and work independently. Intermediate or higher computer skills: MS Office, Word Press or similar website program, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube experience expected. Salsa Labs or other CRM familiarity, Google Ads/Analytics, and graphic design experience a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and lift up to 10 pounds.
Salary will be competitive for similar size non-profits and commensurate with experience. Benefits include the option for medical/dental/vision coverage, as well as 401k and holiday/vacation/sick time. Hybrid work model in place with flexible schedule.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Sunflower Hill strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices. Accordingly, Sunflower Hill does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
To apply, please email us a cover letter and resume indicating your interest in the position.
Job posted: 2022-06-19