Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Manager works with the Vice President of Communications, members and consultants from CRES’s Policy, Communications department, and Government Relations teams to implement CRES’s strategic communications program.
This position assists with messaging and positioning, earned and paid media campaigns, and developing communications materials. The Communications Manager is responsible for content development and publication for the organization’s social media and online properties, prepares background research, staff’s events, and drives project tracking and overall coordination for multiple initiatives and programs.
The Communications Manager works with and supports the management of vendors, develops and implements creative ways to amplify the organization’s key messaging, and interfaces with media, advocacy partners, and government agency representatives on behalf of CRES. The incumbent is responsible for helping the communications team with operations and administration, such as scheduling, vendor selection and database maintenance, and new initiatives as they arise. The Communications Manager has abundant opportunities for growth with the organization and to interface directly with senior leadership.
- Managing day-to-day functions of social media accounts and other digital communication methods, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- National Clean Energy Week: Serves as point of contact for all vendors, handles all marketing (website, ads, social promotion, emails, etc.), and assists Event Manager in developing the three in-person events. Additionally, creates and distributes all marketing materials and social kits to appropriate audiences.
- Drafting daily and weekly social media content in tandem with digital consultants.
- Day-to-day management of direct relationships with digital consultants.
- Developing first drafts of content for review: press releases, statements, blogs, etc.
- Drafting and publishing bi-weekly “Clean Energy Insider” newsletter and managing the editing process.
- Managing digital assets like Salesforce and all CRES websites, posting content, and working with consultants for updates and site maintenance.
- Assisting Events Manager with planning all CRES/CRES Forum events.
- Managing outreach and attendance for CRES/CRES Forum events.
- Designing creative for events: graphics, flyers, signage, etc
- 2-3 years of Communications, Marketing, and/or Public Relations experience.
- General understanding of basic graphic design.
- Project and editorial calendar management skills.
- Social media and content creation skills.
- Working knowledge of the political landscape for Republicans and clean energy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, English, Political, or a related field OR equivalent work experience directly relevant to the job.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is organized, diligent, and responsible.
- Has excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Can work in a self-directed manner but collaboratively.
- Fearlessly asks questions to understand assignments better.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Wants to advance in their career.
- Takes on challenges and asks for help when needed.
Candidates can apply here
Job posted: 2022-09-17