Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
American Prison Data Systems
Founded in 2014, APDS’s mission is to prepare every justice-impacted individual for a living wage job. APDS is the career readiness platform for all justice impacted individuals to attain a living wage job. APDS has proven success through its “Whole Human Framework” which is a proprietary curriculum delivering assessments and plans that motivate, engage, educate, and equip these individuals in their pursuit to empower themselves and strengthen society. APDS leverages innovative technology to create a managed learning environment that fosters growth and certifies career-readiness.
APDS is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and certified B-Corporation, with a business model that never charges incarcerated individuals or their friends and families for its technology or services. Currently, APDS products and services are deployed in over 150+ facilities across 17 states — and growing.
You can learn more about APDS work by visiting: www.apds.works.
About the Position
APDS, a growing mission-driven company, is seeking a passionate Communications Manager to work within the Marketing and Communications (MarCom) Department. Their main focus is improving and maintaining the organization’s messaging and public reputation through a variety of campaigns, while engaging with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
This position does require going into a correctional facility at some point during tenure, about 1-3 times per year. In addition, travel to the NYC office on average once a quarter.
- Develops content and directs creative execution to provide a consistent, targeted, and impactful message.
- Builds and maintains solid partnerships with internal and external partners to better develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications designed to meet business goals.
- Designs storytelling/building campaigns to target specific audiences, placing an emphasis and discipline on campaign performance to help with recommendations for future programs.
- Trains and works with cross-functional teams on messaging, product GTM strategies, and tactics.
- Directs in-house and external graphic designers, photographers, and other media-production specialists integral to the completion of marketing projects.
- Contributes ideas for new programs, researching and recommending innovative branding techniques.
- Researches and understands key business challenges, customer/client behavior, target audiences, competitive activity, and environmental factors that impact programs within the business and assigned departments.
- Stays informed of developments in the field of marketing and communications within the corrections industry to foster ideas and innovation.
- Strong versatile copywriting skills
- Good organizational, planning, and coordination skills
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects and can work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Possesses a sense of urgency; is self-motivated and detail-minded
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills
- Proactive approach to resolving problems and issues
- Minimum three years of communications and/or marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems
Salary and Benefits
- ADPS offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
- Salary Range $80-90k
Basic Expectations for all APDS Employees
- Belief in APDS’s mission to reduce recidivism and improve the life chances of incarcerated learners and returning citizens
- Communication – clear, concise, and timely communication is essential
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, APDS is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic, and experiential backgrounds. We strongly encourage candidates who represent the communities we serve to apply.
Disclaimer: this job description is not totally inclusive of all responsibilities of this position.
Job posted: 2022-11-06