Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Tennessee Dental Association
The Communications Manager reports to the executive director and works with TDA staff and volunteers in the execution of various communications projects. You will also work with TDA-endorsed vendors and advertisers. Applicants must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written communication skills, and design skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Production of weekly email marketing campaigns including aggregating content, formatting emails and images, and following the internal approval process for publishing.
- Managing editor of the bimonthly newsletter and bi-annual scientific journal including preparing content, processing advertising, coordinating with outside designer, and distributing final document.
- Creating various communication collateral (digital and print) to support the Music City Dental Conference and other events.
- Creating various communication collateral (digital and print) to support membership acquisition and retention.
- Interpreting insights and data to improve marketing and communication efforts.
- Maintaining media relations working with inbound media requests.
- Responsible for soliciting and processing advertisers.
- Tracking, reporting, and reviewing vendors endorsed by the TDA.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Coordinator to align messages, themes, and activities.
- Attending and assisting with occasional association events.
- Miscellaneous communications activities, as assigned.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience working within a Communications or Public Relations role. Association management experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines.
- Experience working with email marketing and digital marketing software.
- Experience in Canva and/or other graphic design tools.
- Demonstrated writing, copywriting, and proofreading skills.
- Must be able to work onsite at the association’s office in Franklin, TN.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to apply.
Job posted: 2023-01-30