The Communications Manager will work on the Communications and Content Development Team at the Camden Coalition. The Communications Manager will be an enthusiastic team player, a strong writer, social media strategist, and have an eye for design. They will be involved in communications planning, copy writing, press relations, social media, and speaking engagements.
• Develop and execute communications plans for key Camden Coalition initiatives and events, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
• Develop content and copy for a variety of platforms, including websites, blogs, newsletters, social media, and press releases.
• Translate research and data into compelling communications products.
• Maintain regular content updates to the Camden Coalition’s websites.
• Work alongside communications and leadership teams to develop and coordinate press communications, press releases and media alerts, and coordinate interviews.
• Create content for the Camden Coalition’s social media accounts with the goal of increasing audience, engagement, and brand awareness.
• Ensure assigned communication projects are on track with timeline and quality expectations, including adherence to house style and brand standards. Provide editorial support to program staff on blogs and briefs.
• Work proactively to develop relationships across the organization to highlight all aspects of the Coalition’s work.
• Lead development on presentations and materials for site visits and speaking engagements to ensure consistency in external communications.
• Collaborate on a variety of special projects with members of departments across the organization, as needed.
• Attends relevant training as necessary to maintain professional certification and/or knowledge.
• Adheres to the Camden Coalition’s guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
• Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department.
• Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience in and enthusiasm for content development and management.
• A strategic and technical understanding of digital communications, including social media and web copy writing.
• A skilled writer with a clear, concise, and flexible style and an impeccable grasp of grammar, spelling, and AP style.
• Working knowledge of design principles and software is preferred (willingness to learn design software a must).
• Able to manage projects and team members in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment, prioritizing multiple projects efficiently and with a high level of attention to detail.
• An interest and/or background in the health professions, social justice, or policy.
• Ability to form strong relationships across an organization, and to exercise discretion and empathy when working with sensitive health information and in underserved communities.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3 years of work experience in a non-profit setting or combination of relevant education and professional experience.
• Experience in journalism, communications, writing, and editing, or similar field.
• Fluent in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel), Google Suite, adept in current best practices for Twitter and Facebook. Familiar with WordPress, MailChimp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Although work is primarily indoors, you may be required to travel outside to business community locations.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Submit cover letter, resume, and a professional writing sample.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, familial status, marital/civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for military service, disability status (mental or physical, including perceived disability, and AIDS and HIV status), protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-18