Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation (HAF) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve their lives and create an equitable society. Ultimately, we establish bridges of access that provide a path for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevates their voices in areas where we are underrepresented. Our core values are trust, dedicated, excellence, service to comunidad and versatility. While Washington, D.C. serves as our headquarters, employees work in a virtual environment.
The Communications Manager is a full-time remotely-based position and reports directly to the Chief Communications and Development Officer. The selected applicant will provide bilingual communications and media outreach to increase the visibility and impact of HAF’s education and advocacy programs across the nation. The programs include conservation, MANO Project, Latino Conservation Week, and Hispanic Leadership Network. The Manager will work closely with HAF staff, media representatives, faith-based and community leaders. The applicant must be fully bilingual, well organized, tech savvy, professional, and an outstanding problem solver. The candidate must display flexibility and excellent attention to detail. He/she should be highly motivated, have excellent time-management skills, demonstrate sensitivity to working with people of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, and be willing to travel nationally.
- Will serve as the primary contact for media requests
- Will lead outreach/pitching needs to English and Spanish media
- Build partnerships with Spanish-language media for new communications initiative
- Development of communications strategies and plans
- Development of content like press releases, opeds, blogs and website content
- Serve as the main liaison between communications and HAF’s program teams
- Implement communications strategies and plans
- Development of materials, flyers, invites in support of program activities
Social Media & Website Management
- Develop social media strategies for the organization and programs
- Manage HAF’s various web platforms to keep current and evolving
- Tracking results and impact in database
- Assisting with reports to partners and funders
- Assist in the development of monthly newsletter
- Translation of materials and content
- Review of documents prepared by outside translators
- A bachelor’s in Communications, Journalism, Media Studies, Public Affairs, Marketing or similar fields, and/or related work experience
- Two to four years of experience related to communications
- Fluent written and oral skills in both Spanish/English
- Excellent communication and intercultural skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, highly organized
- Highly collaborative work style, strong work ethic, results-oriented approach to work
- Creativity and flexibility to undertake new assignments and identify new opportunities
- Graphic design experience
- Demonstrated excellence working with and communicating with a wide range of people
- Experience working with Spanish-language media
- Ability and willingness to work in a virtual environment
The location of this position is flexible, however, Washington DC metro area is preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,000 annually depending on qualifications and experience. Hispanic Access Foundation offers full-time employees a generous benefits package that includes health, and dental; generous paid vacation plus paid holidays, and a retirement plan with employer match.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job posted: 2020-07-08