As a Communications Manager, you will serve as a day-to-day manager to clients in establishing priorities, achieving business goals, and implementing best-in-class communications and/or marketing strategies. Clients may be internal corporate stakeholders, media or customer-facing business leaders. Serves as a key client relationship manager. May plan and direct the day to day work of a unit whose staff perform communications and/or marketing initiatives by delivering quantifiable results to support corporate priorities.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
- Oversees and manages development and implementation of communication and/or marketing strategies to support the firm’s products and services. Serves as a day-to-day lead between group and business area management, providing strategic counsel and implementation support of communications and/or marketing strategies and initiatives. Monitors client satisfaction and proactively addresses any client issues.
- Identify, understand and resolve client issues. Thinks creatively and provides strategic solutions. Builds client commitment and engagement around strategy.
- Adds value and creates impact for clients. Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with clients and is considered a strategic partner in achieving partners’ business goals and objectives.
- Collaborates both within own group and across divisions to establish effective working relationships. Accountable for self and team.
- Demonstrates independent thinking and solid decision-making skills. Uses good judgment when handling assignments, solving problems, and addressing challenges.
- Does not just report problems, but proactively offers solutions.
- Coaches and mentors team to achieve performance goals that are aligned with division and company goals. Identifies career development opportunities for direct reports. Provides frequent, informal feedback to subordinates to aid in individual career growth and development. Delegates work effectively. Monitors workload of direct reports to ensure clients’ needs are met, team members are appropriately challenged, and resources are maximized to deliver efficient and effective solutions. Plans, documents, and manages the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provides for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Seeks to understand the direction of the company. Serves as a role model for delivering the company’s messages and supporting its vision.
- May manage the budget for area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6-8 years plus a minimum of 2 years management experience
- Exhibits expertise in influencing business strategies and ensures alignment and impact of the strategic communication plan.
- Provides superior communication counsel to managers and senior leaders and enables them to lead dialogue with their respective stakeholders. Coaches executives and helps them relate to their audience.
- Builds relationships within the organization to help achieve business outcomes
- Develops schedules and budgets and effectively manages team members to achieve goals
- Handles multiple complex projects across multiple channels
- Collects, analyzes and interprets qualitative and quantitative data and information to develop thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations and preferences
- Demonstrates resilience, flexibility and a willingness to explore different paths to achieve an outcome and adjusts quickly and efficiently to new circumstances
- Effectively selects the most beneficial internal and external channels based on desired outcomes·
- Be prepared to provide work samples to be requested for consideration.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 60273
Job posted: 2020-07-21