- Membership magazine: Manages the organization’s flagship publication including the editorial and production schedule, editing, writing, coordinating with vendors, development of topics and more.
- Email newsletters: Leads all aspects of news gathering and production, ensures email communication is timely and accurate, researches and implements best practices, and tracks analytics to recommend future changes to increase open rate and engagement.
- Other publications: Serves as a primary or secondary editor on various other print and electronic publications.
- Public relations: Produces media lists and press releases, identifies public relations opportunities and tracks results.
- Podcasts: Co-host and co-producer.
- Video: Leads editing of in-house video projects.
- Trade show app: Manages the mobile app and coordinates with the third-party vendor.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of applicable experience.
- Top-tier verbal and written communication skills; intimate working knowledge of AP style book a must.
- Experience managing a print publication and editing technical content.
- Experience in email marketing software.
- Knowledge of basic HTML.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly desirable.
- Experience in photography and videography highly desirable.
- Able to travel overnight via airplane.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
Places where work is performed: This work is performed on the employer’s premises, except for scheduled trips, seminars, trade shows, conventions and conferences, in which case, the work is performed at the location.
Please send resumes to NPCA Vice President of Communications & Public Affairs Kirk Stelsel.
Job posted: 2020-07-31