Growth Energy is seeking qualified and eager candidates to join our organization as the Communications Manager. As the leading trade association representing producers and supporters of biofuels, we work every day to bring consumers better choices at the fuel pump, grow America’s economy, and improve the environment for future generations.
The Communications Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the Communications Department’s media relations efforts and key programming initiatives. The ideal candidate shall demonstrate exceptionally strong writing skills, as this position will be responsible for material development, including press releases, blog posts, and social media posts, in addition to supporting other Communications Department efforts.
This position reports directly to the Director of Communications and requires 3 or more years of related work experience; this position does not have any supervisory responsibilities. Experience in the agricultural or energy industry or on Capitol Hill is preferred.
- Support Director of Communications in managing media activities including rapid response;
- Develop, proof, and distribute press releases, LTEs, op-eds, and statements;
- Update and maintain key message materials, issue briefs, media support, website content, and background materials on priority issues;
- Develop digital content to compliment Growth Energy’s media activities;
- Develop and oversee execution of a digital editorial calendar;
- Manage the association’s social media platforms, including rapid response across all GE digital platforms;
- Compile daily clips and conduct daily media monitoring;
- Draft weekly member newsletter.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 3 or more years in related professional work setting;
- Capitol Hill or agency experience preferred.
- Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Experience drafting press releases and talking points;
- Strong aptitude for and skills in digital and social media communications;
- Experience managing digital platforms for clips, newsletters, and webinars;
- Familiarity with federal political process;
- Background in media relations, public relations, public affairs, or industry communications;
- Background in or familiarity with agriculture, the biofuels industry, and/or liquid transportation fuels preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Experience in WordPress and Adobe Suite preferred.
- Essential Competencies & Behaviors
- Flexibility to attend to an ongoing cycle of news and information outside normal work hours;
- Ability to interact with various levels of professionals, including senior executives;
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision;
- Enjoy working as a team member, willing to work in a small-team environment and assist as needed;
- Capable of making decisions while maintaining a mature demeanor, common sense, and good judgment.
Growth Energy employees are industrious, self-motivated, and able to work well independently as well as with all levels of professionals in pursuit of a final goal. The fast-paced nature of Growth Energy requires employees to be able to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines, as well as work varied extended hours as projects demand and during organization events which can include nights and weekends, as business needs dictate. Some limited travel may be required. Growth Energy is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit us online to submit your application.
Job posted: 2020-09-08