As a member of the Corporate Communications team within the company’s dynamic Marketing department, the Communications Manager will work with the Senior Director of Corporate Communications in leading the development and execution of Public Relations strategies, campaigns and external communication programs. The Communications Manager will serve as both a strategist and a hands-on participant, responsible for creating and delivering innovative, brand-building communication strategies, plans and content that support the Company’s business and financial goals and objectives.
Who is Sparklight?
Sparklight is a part of the Cable One family of companies. We are a telecommunications company that serves small to mid-size communities in 21 states. Here in Arizona, you would see us in communities such as Prescott, Show Low, and Bisbee. Our corporate offices are located in Phoenix. We operate on the motto ‘Happy associates make happy customers’ and will do our best to make sure our associates receive competitive benefits in a fun environment.
Why join Sparklight?
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance start from date of hire (no waiting periods)
- 401k with company match program (100% match, up to 5% of salary; after 1 year of service)
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal/Sick Days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance (self, spouse, children)/ Business Travel Life Insurance
- $75 towards your cable and internet bill
What will your day look like?
- Develop and execute dynamic press and earned media assets to support growing the Company’s reputation, including press releases, media alerts, story pitches, and talking points
- Lead in the development of relationships with local, regional, trade, and national journalists, bloggers and other media influencers in order to secure positive coverage of the company and its activities
- Develop customer-facing written and verbal communications, including website and blog content, customer newsletter copy, print and digital asset copy, video scripts, FAQs, letters, and emails
- Author nominations that highlight both the Company and its executives
- Collaborate closely with Sparklight’s business leaders on communication strategy; prepare executives and business leaders for media/industry engagements, including media interviews, speeches and company/industry event participation
- Monitor ongoing trends, news and topics for relevant/timely ways Sparklight can participate in the dialogue
- Maintain company’s overall messaging platform and ensure communications are on-brand in terms of style, tonality and execution
- Work with other members of the Corporate Communications team to integrate messaging across external, internal, and social channels to ensure consistency
- Develop and maintain reporting tools to showcase PR KPIs and measures of success
What will you need:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in journalism, public relations, mass communications or related field; and a minimum of 5 years related experience within a corporate communications and/or public relations department or PR/communications agency; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven track record securing strategic media coverage and executing successful PR campaigns with measurable results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to clearly communicate information to multiple audiences
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and execute on a number of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, acting with urgency and accuracy
- Strong team player and positive, proactive attitude with great interpersonal skills; ability to brief senior leaders, foster relationships with internal and external teams, and be solid support for immediate team members
- Ability to think strategically and be a strong executor
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a working knowledge of PR/Social tools (ie Meltwater, Sprout Social, etc.)
Cable One, Inc. is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at Sparklight, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. “stronger together” is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify and embody each and every day. Sparklight and all of its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals of different races, colors, creeds, national origins, genders, marital and veteran statuses.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-21