Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, this mid-level candidate is responsible for creating, managing and executing integrated external and internal communications initiatives and activities to help generate positive coverage and visibility that strengthens the corporate brand and reputation among key stakeholders. These initiatives/activities include advertising, content development and social media management.
Additionally, the communications manager will play a critical role in the content development and maintenance of the corporate intranet site to ensure the tool increases employee awareness and engagement. He/she works collaboratively with team members from graphics/marketing to plan, execute and measure regional and nationwide communications campaigns, both annually and initiative specific.
All work for this position requires strong writing skills, sound professional judgment and discretion, outstanding relationship management and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate is creative and collaborative and will be a solutions-oriented self-starter with the desire to grow.
- Research advertising opportunities and provide recommendations on company-wide media buying and manage publications calendar
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Communications Director and Branding Manager to develop the advertising campaign; perform audience analysis to ensure alignment and consistency of messaging throughout the organization and external outlets; develop copy and creative direction; monitor metrics and analytics of advertising
- Lead PR efforts and manage media relations with the goal of generating interviews, speaking engagements, and articles for key company leaders
- Work with Marketing Communications Director to implement internal communications strategy
- Collaborate with branding and graphics team members to develop targeted email blasts and direct mail communications for corporate announcements, special events, promotions etc.
- QC all outgoing communications including web content, email blasts and social media content before distribution
- Measure and monitor the quality, effectiveness, and ROI of communications strategies and tactics; provide recommendations for improvement
- Create content for social media and manage the implementation, including analysis of platforms
- Oversee and manage the website including development of creative content
- Contribute to the development of creative content for the corporate intranet
- Develop and manage the corporate blog, including the creation of content
- Monitors external news; provide relevant information as needed to company leadership
- Manage incoming media requests and coordinate with relevant stakeholders, as needed
- Provides crisis communication support and coordination
- Develop strategic marketing content from technical experts and seek channels to communicate externally through publications, speaking engagements, roundtable discussions, webinars, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English or related fields.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a public relations, communications or marketing role.
- Experience in a fast-paced B2B or professional services national or global corporation; architecture/engineering/construction (AEC) experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Exceptional oral, editing and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a hunger to learn about the changing media and marketing landscape within the construction industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required; proficiency in Adobe CC a plus
- Working knowledge of Drupal CMS platform, SharePoint, and presentation development programs
- Proficiency in managing the creation of PR materials, PR tools, PR measurement and social media tools are required
- Strong knowledge of and experience with social media as a corporate communications channel
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage complex projects across a variety of functions
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-03