NASSP seeks a Communication Manager responsible for supporting the execution of corporate and executive communications, editorial development. Manages print publication production and supports editorial development for all NASSP editorial products. Communicates with the media on behalf of NASSP and writes for various stakeholder audiences. Manages online communities for key NASSP stakeholder groups.
Reports to: Chief Communications Officer
- Manage editorial development of NASSP outlets including Principal’s Update, School of Thought blog.
- Liaise with outside vendors on the production and copyediting of print publications, including Principal Leadership Magazine, Advise Magazine, and NASSP Bulletin.
- Manage the execution of NASSP external communications, including executive messages, press releases, and other corporate collateral.
- Provide writing, copyediting, and proofreading support for NASSP corporate communications as needed.
- Manage outside vendors in the sale of advertising for NASSP editorial products.
- Support research on key topics in education aligned with NASSP’s Building Ranks framework for school leadership.
- Serve as a secondary point of contact for media outlets to reinforce NASSP’s stature as the leading voice of school leadership.
- Manage production and new editorial budgets in cooperation with Chief Communications Officer.
- Manage the development of and maintain online communities for key stakeholder groups.
- Manage and maintain author copyright agreements for NASSP editorial products.
- File NASSP publications with Library of Congress Copyright Office as required.
- Process copyright permission requests for NASSP -owned materials.
- Maintain a database of NASSP authors in the Personify platform.
- Maintain records of correspondence and payment for NASSP advertising.
- Assist with the development of reporter lists and press release deployment in the Meltwater platform.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in Communications, Marketing, or similar field
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively
Excellent benefits package. Salary range mid 80’s to low 90’s. Office location is one block from the Silver Line. Send cover letter, resume, and salary history to NASSP/HR, 1904 Association Drive, Reston, VA, 20191 email email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted: 2020-11-08