The Communications Manager is responsible for developing, planning, managing and executing internal and external communications in support of the Corporate Communications strategies. This includes working with the provider business leadership team and others within the business to determine and develop communications that support business and department objectives, and the Inovalon and go-to-market brands, as well as managing portions of Inovalon’s enterprise intranet and supporting enterprise communications as needed.
ABILITY® Network, an Inovalon company, is a leading information technology company helping providers and payers simplify the administrative and clinical complexities of healthcare through innovative applications and data analytics. ABILITY is headquartered in Minneapolis with principal offices in Boston and Tampa.
We are committed to make ABILITY a great place to do great work, growing to benefit customers and employees alike.
In the spirit of this commitment, we live by the following values:
- Help others: We are here to help – our customers and each other.
- Make it better: We continually improve and innovate to offer practical solutions.
- Do the right thing, always: We set and meet high standards in all that we do.
- Deliver extraordinary results together: We accelerate growth and achieve extraordinary results as a team.
Internal Communications – 75%
- Develops, manages and executes internal communications plans and tactics in support of the provider business strategy, projects, departments, or initiatives.
- Works with Sr. Manager of Strategic Communications to lead and execute internal communications plans in support of overall Corporate and Provider business unit communication strategies.
- Works closely with HR and other departments to ensure effective and engaging communications to employees.
- Build relationships and works with internal stakeholders to ensure internal communications follow Communications processes, procedures and policy.
- Manages the Provider section of the Inovalon enterprise intranet and associated content, including: internally communicating and promoting new features; employee values stories; Circle of Excellence; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives; among others. May also be asked to manage content outside the Provider section on an as-needed basis.
- Collaborates with Sr. Manager of Strategic Communications and the Sr. Manager of Corporate Communications to develop content/communications for the overall Inovalon enterprise as needed
- Measure success of internal communications, report on trends to internal teams, and advise on potential opportunities or risks.
External Communications – 25%
- Ensures company messages are consistent across all stakeholder groups (customers, employees, corporate)
- Aligning with Inovalon, positions the company and the company story appropriately in the marketplace to drive positive positioning and increased awareness of the problems our business solves for customers.
- Supports in maintaining and enhancing any brand campaigns (with support from Marketing) to ensure consistent messages to market, including but not limited to: brochures, About Us, Careers and Testimonial sections of website, corporate social media presence, brand campaigns and communications, and others.
- Works with cross-functional Marketing, Product Management and Sales teams to draft product and business-focused press releases as well as the executive team and senior communications to complete the review process. Also pitches news to trade media with the goal of obtaining article placements.
- Researches, identifies and pursues awards and recognition on behalf of the Provider business and Inovalon, drafting submissions and routing them through the relevant company reviews.
- Other duties as requested and/or determined.
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position;
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company; and
- Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 8 years of communications, PR/media relations experience
- Previous content management experience, ideally with WordPress
- Proven storyteller, comfortable with print, digital, video
- PPT super-user
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related field
- Strong knowledge of Digital Marketing/Social Media platforms and tools, including Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience with content strategy/integrated communications campaigns
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-10