CoSN is seeking a Communications Manager. This is a full-time exempt position reporting directly to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications.
CoSN is seeking a full time Communications Manager to work in the CoSN Washington DC location. CoSN (the Consortium for School Networking) is the premier professional association for district technology leaders. For over two decades, CoSN has provided leaders with the management, community building, and advocacy tools they need to succeed. Today, CoSN represents over 13 million students in school districts nationwide and continues to grow as a powerful and influential voice in K-12 education. CoSN operates with a full time staff of fourteen individuals based in Washington DC.
The Communications Manager will primarily serve as staff project manager for the Trusted Learning Environment program which is a grant funded program that requires school systems to have implemented high standards for student data privacy protections around five core practice areas: Leadership, Business, Data Security, Professional Development and Classroom. School systems that meet the Program requirements will earn the TLE Seal, signifying their commitment to student data privacy to their community.
- A four year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent editing and writing Skills.
- Graphic Design capabilities preferred.
- 4-5 years of work experience with 1-2 years in an Association marketing and communications department.
- Strong communications skills.
- Collaborative work style.
- Experience in an education Association is a plus.
- Manages external communications and serves as staff liaison for the grant-funded Trusted Learning Environment (TLE) program.
- Implements a strategic marketing and communications plan to promote the TLE Program.
- Develops and documents all processes related to the TLE program.
- Working with the Director of Membership and Chapters, develops new marketing strategies for recruiting new members. Develops additional strategies to support general membership communications.
- Writes, edits and supervises graphic design for CoSN resources.
- Creates marketing materials for all CoSN products and events including the Annual Conference, CTO Clinics, Membership, Webinars, Publications, Sponsorship and Certification in consultation with staff.
- Coordinates with staff to develop media messaging both print and social.
- Position reports to the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines professionally and adeptly prioritize.
- Ability to manage complex relationships with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An entrepreneurial and creatively nimble work style that includes taking initiative, working independently, adeptly negotiating and a rigorous work ethic.
- Other duties as assigned.
Funding for this position is provided under a grant agreement with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which extends through November 30, 2022. After this date, funding for this position is uncertain. If you are interested, please forward your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to HR.
CoSN offers a competitive salary and benefits package. CoSN is located one block from Metro Center in a building with modern amenities including free access to a gym and free specialty coffee. CoSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2020-11-21