About Servier Pharmaceuticals:
We’re an organization, committed to modelling diversity, equity, and inclusion for the entire industry, and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all. We are interested in growing our team with passionate, committed, and innovative individuals. We encourage all to apply to our open roles and are always willing to consider skills and experiences outside of what is listed in the job description.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Boston-based, the Communications Manager supports the deliverables of strategies and processes for the development of internal and external communication plans and materials for the Servier Pharmaceuticals LLC. The role will provide expertise and advice to partners within the various functions and work collaboratively with the global corporate communication teams. The role is an advocate on behalf of Servier Pharmaceuticals with external stakeholders and media across all communications and vehicles. The role will serve as a partner to the Communications team with regard to complex problems, current and future initiatives, strategies, and budgets.
- Execute impactful earned media programs to position Servier as an Oncology leader through dissemination of corporate news, and educate target audiences about disease state, etc.
- Responsible for developing and nurturing relationships with reporters from top tier and pharma industry media.
- Responsible for the creation, review and execution of communication materials for the activities of Servier Pharmaceuticals activities and agreements.
- Develop content for and be accountable for external communication channels, such as social media, to support business objectives; serve as a catalyst for new ideas and programs.
- Including measurement and making recommendations to continuously improve our external communications approach.
- Develop and manage integrated corporate communications plans that tie internal company milestones to external awareness.
- Support the development and implementation of impactful internal and executive communications tactics to inspire and drive employee engagement and culture.
- Write and prepare messaging including but not limited to blogs and thought leadership articles that live on the company’s digital channels and tie to and amplify company milestones.
- Align communication strategies and plans with other key divisional or corporate initiatives, including appropriate process development.
- Act as responsible party for communications budget, including public relations agency and vendor relationships and budget management.
- Maintain and update various tracking reports, editorial calendars and trackers.
Skills and Education:
- Bachelors or equivalent experience required; advanced degree in communications preferred or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include oral and written communication. Strong presentation skills to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Understanding of the communications function including writing press releases, pitching to media, conducting research, crisis communication and awareness campaigns
- Demonstrated experience in creating strong, measurable external communication programs that are aligned with organizational goals and strategies.
- Strong writing and message development skills with an ability to write and adapt to various styles and formats.
- Experience writing and managing development of external-facing material and is proficient at managing a document approval process that involves multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to develop communications that convey complex ideas in simple, concise and creative ways to engage employees.
- Strong people skills and matrix management skills to lead and influence key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of media relations in the biotech/pharma industry preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under extreme pressure with proficient attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills – capable of juggling several projects at the same time.
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Professional and strong team player.
- Able to work independently as well as on teams.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with Cision, Adobe InDesign or Illustrator a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of communications experience in a PR agency or corporate setting.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology, or health care industry experience required.
Other Relevant Information:
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips. Domestic and international travel required.
- Requires approximately 5% travel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-21