Assesses highly complex situations and develops internal and external communication strategies and content in response. Represents, protects, and promotes the reputation of BSA and assists in planning and executing public relations and communications activities. Maintains positive connections with the public, volunteers, parents, and media.
- Acts as the issues management subject matter expert and media point on behalf of the organization.
- Develops response communications to help colleagues navigate crisis communications with various audiences, including volunteers, parents and media.
- Partners with cross-functional colleagues to inform strategies and content for real-time development of communications and responses.
- Assists in creating and distributing public communications (e.g., media releases, speeches, newsletters, social media communication, etc.).
- Works directly with media on behalf of national and local councils. Provides valuable insight on media relationships.
- Provides issues management guidance and advice to BSA leaders and colleagues to help them respond to immediate needs.
- Leads the organization in navigating communication challenges with various audiences, including volunteers, parents, and media.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university required
- A minimum of 8+ years similar or related role preferred with at least 3 years + of experience in issues management or crisis communications required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Requires being on call during off hours including evenings, holidays and weekends
Benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan. We also offer a generous PTO policy and BSA holiday observances.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-27