Authority Brands, LLC. Headquartered in Columbia, MD is a leading provider of home services, building brands that support the success of our franchisees, as well as bettering the lives of the homeowners we serve and the people we employ. We are seeking a dynamic Communications Manager who will be the driving force behind internal brand communications and external messaging for Authority Brands.
- Brand Voice: Work with Director of Communications to further develop and refine the voice and personality of Authority Brands, both for consumers, staff and owners.
- Content Calendar: Manage the Authority Brands content calendar; be the driving force behind cross-channel integration (digital, print, blog, public relations efforts). Create and solicit content from appropriate team members, as needed.
- Cross-Branded Communication: Serve as a hub and project manager to execute suite of cross-branded communication to boost cross-brand customer growth.
- PR: Manage day to day relationship with PR agency for Authority Brands (as a parent company), including pitch development, franchisee stories, network activation, etc.
- Website Content Manager: Work with digital marketing partner and brand PR agency to create and maintain newsroom content on brand website and additional weekly blog content.
- Employee Communications: Support our business-wide employee communications hub by creating content to share with all 800+ staff.
- Copywriting: Write and edit content for newsletters, emails, cross-branded collateral, websites, presentations, and company management.
- Email Announcements and Newsletters: With Director of Communications, execute effective staff and franchise owner email communication. Manage quarterly Authority Brands newsletters, which includes collecting content, editing, layout and distribution on set publication calendar.
- Social Media: Manages Social Media content and planning for the brand on the corporate level.
- Community Outreach: Works to develop and support charitable community programs as directed by Authority Brands.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated, confident, and passionate.
- Knowledge/understanding of working with media.
- Solid PC skills, including Microsoft Office systems and Adobe Creative Suite
- Problem solving skills.
- Energetic, open to collaborative environment, business minded, strategic and creative
- Self-starter who is results-oriented
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or English
- 3-4 years’ experience
- Experience with franchise/multiple locations a plus
- Experience with internal communications for large corporations a plus
We believe our greatest asset are our employees, we offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package to include, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) and more.
Authority Brands LLC conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions however we do not sponsor Visa’s at this time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-02