CEED is a 501c3 organization that works to ensure that communities and policy makers have the tools and information they need to create just, sustainable energy and environmental policy. Working in collaboration with grassroots communities, policy makers and researchers, CEED conducts research and advocacy, and provides community education and capacity building on important energy, environment, and development issues – so that all members of society may effectively participate in public decision-making.
CEED’s mission is grounded in the affirmation of the interconnectedness of the human and natural world and is committed to inspiring the change needed to create a healthy and vibrant environment for all communities in current and future generations. CEED is grounded in principle of self-determination of Indigenous, communities of color, and low income communities, and we gear our work toward building economic and political democracy.
CEED is strengthening their foundation through growth with a desire to bring aboard diverse employees who can have both technical and analytical skills, have understanding and knowledge of the needs of environmental justice communities, and are committed to CEEDs mission. CEED’s next search starts with a Deputy Director that will write policy, mentor staff, advise on program development, and create systems that promote efficiency and access. Visit CEED online.
The Communications Manager reports to the Deputy Director and is responsible for the design and implementation of CEED’s strategic communications and narrative-shift objectives. The Communications Manager will increase visibility with CEED’s donors, funders, supporters, and users. The Communications Manager will work collaboratively with the Executive Director to implement a strategic plan that represents the voice of each program and draws more awareness to the work that CEED does in indigenous, low income, and communities of color.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job):
- Develop marketing and communications plans to promote CEED resources, research, publications, public awareness and advocacy efforts
- Execute on marketing strategy for national campaigns (environmental justice, Minneapolis green zones, climate policy, energy vulnerability, climate resiliency, building leadership, and popular education)
- Write and edit content for website and email marketing efforts, including monthly newsletter
- Contribute to marketing and communications support, including branding and online engagement
- Maintain communications editorial calendar to align with CEED’s overall strategy and goals
- Contribute to fundraising engagement content development in collaboration with the Development Manager (Annual Fund, Annual Report, Donor Letters, Event Invitations/Press Releases)
- Support media and other relevant external partner relationships (included but not limited to national environmental organizations, legislative staff, and government agencies) as needed
Social Media Management
- Manage all aspects of CEED’s social media presence (to include but not limited to website, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram)
- Drive strategy to increase daily engagement on CEED social media accounts
- Lead content creation for CEED’s Social Media, including written blog content, posts & videos
- Increase awareness for key initiatives and events
Data & Analytics
- Monitor, report and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, earned media)
- Leverage key engagement metrics across platforms to optimize content, messaging and distributions
To apply, please contact Say Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 2021-02-03